Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hesitation @3000 rpms.  (Read 1656 times)

08SEUltra

Hesitation @3000 rpms.
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »

My 2008 SE Ultra with 11,200 miles, SE Race Tuner and Super Trapp slip-ons has developed a periodic hesitation/stumble.  It happens when the bike is warmed up and when I roll on the throttle in any gear at between 2800 and 3200 rpms.  It also has happened as a roll off the throttle.  At first I thought I may have had a bad tank of gas, but I have since refilled.  This only happens periodically, but once it starts, it continues for a while.  The check engine light has not come on.  Anybody experience the same problem? 

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Hesitation @3000 rpms.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »

My 2008 SE Ultra with 11,200 miles, SE Race Tuner and Super Trapp slip-ons has developed a periodic hesitation/stumble.  It happens when the bike is warmed up and when I roll on the throttle in any gear at between 2800 and 3200 rpms.  It also has happened as a roll off the throttle.  At first I thought I may have had a bad tank of gas, but I have since refilled.  This only happens periodically, but once it starts, it continues for a while.  The check engine light has not come on.  Anybody experience the same problem? 

I've seen engine codes pop up and the engine light not showing a warning. Have the dealreship check to see if any codes appear which might indicate a failed engine sensor.Sounds like you may have a map sensor going bad.  :nixweiss: I'm pretty sure this will throw a code, but not positive. Can someone chime in and confirm this???

08SEUltra

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »

Thanks for the response.  The bike is at the dealer now, and I know they will check the codes.  I'll let you know how this turns out. 

08SEUltra

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »

Update on engine hesitation.  My dealer was unable to find any fault code, but downloaded an updated map from HD; also cleaned the injectors, etc.  In any event, I took a 240 mile ride today.  Bike ran beautifully until I turned it off for about 2 minutes and restarted -- then it stumbled again.  On reflection, I think when the stumble appears is after the bike is warm, but shut off for a few minutes (e.g. gas station).  Does this trigger any ideas?

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.