Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Hey  All!  (Read 3564 times)

firegabe

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Hey  All!
« on: February 13, 2006, 07:24:07 PM »

Hi  This is my first post of many that will come.  I have a  2001 Carb. FLSTF  that I bought used in Jan.  

I hope to add many fast and fun parts so please if you have ANY sugustions please post them and how to check it out and get it.   I do drive my toys so this bike will get MANY MILES of fun!!!

Afew quick questions Please:

1.  What online or cool dealer that I can order parts from at great prices do you reccomend?
  2.  What are some fun things to do to my bike?
  3.  Can I get a Screaming Eagle setup for my bike even though its not new?

Thanks in advance!!    

Gabe
I still can't believe I bought it!!!!

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »

Welcome Firegabe, you're at the right place if you'ld like to get ideas to upgrade your bike.

Yes, you can make it a 103+, suggest you go to your local HD dealer and ask for a Screamin Eagle parts catalog and talk with them about the various options.  Then read through what some of the hardcore here have done to their bikes.  Look back though the previous posts and use the advanced serach above.  Enjoy

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:04:12 PM »

Welcome to the site Gabe,

Might check out some of the Zippers posts on the site. I will be looking
at them when my warrenty is up.

And if you got the money...I am sure the guys on this site will help
you spend it.  ;)
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »

Welcome to the site.  I'm pretty new around here myself (been ridin for 20+years) and pretty handy with a wrench.  I can tell you that if you need to tackle something that you haven't done before,  the "collective mind" as I call it here on this site will point you in the right direction.....I've never been a "chat room" junkie.....but the information I've learned here as well as the friends I've made are priceless.  These are a Great bunch of dudes.

My suggestion for any performance mods....bang for buck.....look at Doherty Machine's breather kit. This thing has a built in velocity stack that fits inside the air cleaner (it's short so it helps with TQ as well as top end HP) They Dyno'd this set up against the Screamin Eagle set up on the same bike........30 minutes apart and made 4.2 more HP (don't remember the increase in TQ,  but it was about the same gain) over the Moco's best breather.  It costs about a benny ($100) more than the SE kit,  but I don't know of any other mods you can do to get that kind of increase for a benny (plus this thing looks like a piece of jewlery,  billet back plate, billet velocity stack....COOL).

BTW,  Tim Doherty is one hell of a good guy.........look up Doherty Machine on the web,  it'll tale you right there.

Again,  welcome to the site and lets [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

_Beagle [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »

Welcome aboard Firegabe,

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:28:29 PM by GROVER »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:16:07 AM »

Welcome aboard mate,

and yeah what they all said!
especially what Grover said about Chicago HD, I have spent quite a few $ there, good service, good prices (20% of) & quick delivery to Oz so I would say even quicker in the US.
What do you plan to do? what do you expect from your scoot?

Cheers
Aussie
 [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

firegabe

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:59:46 PM »

wow you all are GREAT!!  I picked up some V@H pipes yesterday  SE  plugs and wires,   called for the a/c with the stack in it.  great Idea thanks.  

Question What chicago harley dealer are you talking about?  downtown? there are a bunch acording to the HD.com website.

THANKS!!!!

Gabe

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

wow you all are GREAT!!
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »

Gabe,

You can also try Bengy's HD in Huntington, WV ask for Jenni...the service and order fulfillment is outstanding...20% off everything/everday and no sales tax to out of state customer's.

And IMHO rather then do a MOCO 103 kit I'd look seriously at the Zipper's 107 and 120 kits....more go for your dough. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Oh yeah......welcome to the site!

Fatboy

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 08:41:02 AM »

Firegabe,
Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place to find out tons of information on mod's and accessories you can get for you bike. Hope you are ready to spend your money and become one of the members of the "OCD/SEO" (Obsessive Chrome Disorder/Screamin' Eagle Obsession) Club. ;D

Here is another dealer that was mentioned in recent thread that gives 20% discount on internet orders, and reasonable shipping.

Surdyke Harley-Davidson

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »

Welcome to the site. There's two ways you can go. MoCo or aftermarket. I support the MoCo because IMHO MoCo mods have a better longevity factor. Some take exception with that and I don't argue with them since each has their own experience to draw on. The MoCo's 103 set-up with SE CNC HTC heads etc with the right cams and a bigger carb would get you movin down the street, that's for sure. If you do want to go aftermarket then contact Dave Mackey for one of his 95 inch kits. Dave will set you up with cylinders, pistons, heads and cams. He will also recommend a Carb and exhaust. At one time Dave was the go to guy for 7 of the top 10 AHDRA racers. Not sure where he stands on that list at the moment. Beagle's recommendation on the Doherty breather is dead on IMHO but you'll find proponents of other intakes on this site. Just as you will exhaust. The most important thing no matter what you do is to MATCH your parts  The best this and the best that do not always work well together Bottom line is you need to find a mechanic that know his chit. Ask around see what people have to say. Usually if a good is getting raves he deserves it. Some people would say that the best wrenches own their own shops. The best I ever met was working for a dealer when I met him, but has his own shop now.

Where do you live ? folks on this site can help you find a wrench

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

Yea, what Spidey said.  I have the CNC ported SE hi flow setup on my bike and love it.  You need to do your homework and think about how you drive and what you want out of what your ride. :)

firegabe

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »

I live in Los Angeles CA.   and will happily take it to a guy who knows what he's doing!

Thanks all!!

Wckd One

• Wckd One
Re: Hey  All!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:08 AM »

Hiya Gabe, we know each other from the DTW forums. Thought I might as well post too instead of just lurking.

To the other peeps... HI! I have an '06 Ultra with the 95" Stage II kit, 203 cams, 6-speed trans, Rinehart True Duels, PCIII, with a beautiful 2 tone of black cherry & black pearl. Sharing garage space is my '03 Night Train with K&N Forcewinder, Hooker headers, 204 cams, and of course... in black.

8-)
"Life is to enjoy, not to endure"

firegabe

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 12:59:19 AM »

Sweet WCKD ONE!!!!

YOU MUST  do the 6.1 cam to your truck!!   VERY AWSOME STUFF!!!

It sounds like you have some awsome Bikes!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.