Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Test rode a skunk today  (Read 1523 times)

blown alcohol

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Test rode a skunk today
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:31:17 AM »

I love the RGC looks over my limited but...
The stock windshield will not work for long distance. While I was riding the first thing that I thought about was riding in the rain (and cold) would be awful. On my limited I have great protection from the wind and rain. A taller windshield kills the roadglide looks for me more so than on an ultra.
I regret not playing around much with the audio/radio. I have the biketronics 4ch amp with 4 hertz speakers (2 in lower fairing), and hogtunes tweeter pod. I guess that is why the roadglide seemed under powered.
I am fine with no lower fairings. That is the hardest thing to keep clean on the limited.
It will take a good amount of money to make this a touring bike. Tourpak, rear floorboards, highway pegs, and windshield.
There is a lot I do like. Paint, wheels, and motor. The bike has good power comparing to the stock 103. I like the handlebar position, as I did not feel cramped.
When I bought the limited there were still a few 09 cvo roadglides around. Every time I see the O/B 09 I hate I did not buy one when I could brand new.
I have to do some quick thinking before they are all gone again. You never know if they will be 1 year and gone again. Well if I buy one they will get the streetglide audio treatment in 2013. I still can not believe they short changed the roadglide again. You would think they would give them extras to help sell them. Around here they seem to be a little slower selling. Most cvo ultras and streetglides have a deposit.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.