Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Glad I got the SKUNK, 2013's dont compare  (Read 7776 times)

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: Glad I got the SKUNK, 2013's dont compare
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »

I just bought a small cover from www.tourkingcovers in TX that will keep honest people honest and might put temptation out of their mind for things like the bag speakers.  The cover folds if to the size of a pair of rolled up socks.

SupDude

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

Guess I'm missing something as the lids lock to the bags. Pretty tough to steal a lid if it's locked, pretty tough to steal the entire bag when it's locked (something other than the OEM pins) to the bike.

Yes, you are missing something.  The way a thief steals your saddle bag is to pop open the lids with a screwdriver by bending the metal  bracket that the lids lock into.  Then, they unscrew the quick release on your saddle bag to detach it from the motorcycle.  The Brukus locks keep your saddle bag attached to the bike but don't stop a thief from stealing your lid.  They can remove them very easily from the saddlebag.  If this doesn't make sense, go look at your bike and you'll see what I'm talking about.   BTW, I think it's a good thing that you don't know how to steal a saddle bag!!!!!....but I guess you do now :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:28:56 PM by SupDude »
2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 05:03:47 PM »

BTW, I think it's a good thing that you don't know how to steal a saddle bag!!!!!....but I guess you do now :P

Great! Now everyone knows! :o
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.