Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Freedom vs. Windvest  (Read 11505 times)

bostonCVO

• Junior CVO Member
Freedom vs. Windvest
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:31:19 PM »

The Freedom windshield for the Road Glide look nearly identical to the Windvest. Has anyone had both? Are there differences. Freedom offer a 15% to cvo member which makes them marginally less expensive. I have heard good thing about both windshields.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: Freedom vs. Windvest
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »

Hi Boston,

I can't speak directly to your question but I put a Freedom shield on my 2013 SEUC and I love it. The customer service was great and you can test ride the shield on your bike and return it if you don't like it as long as you lease the protective film on it for the test ride.

Joe
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:26:06 AM by JoeVibe »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

The Freedom windshield for the Road Glide look nearly identical to the Windvest. Has anyone had both? Are there differences. Freedom offer a 15% to cvo member which makes them marginally less expensive. I have heard good thing about both windshields.

Which Windvest are your looking at?
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 12:00:40 PM »

I have the Freedom shields and love them.
I know two people with Windvest and either the Windvest scratch easy or those people have really abused the shields cleaning them.
Good luck in what you decide.

SBB

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:30:04 PM by SBB »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »

I have the windvest on both my Seeg ad sg..  To me they make the best shields.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:24:55 AM by cvostu »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »

Clearview is another good one for a RG or UC.  The one with the recurve.  They are also a vendor here so give a discount.

Unless you're using a Road Glide for a bar hopper, you've just got to get the right height windshield for function.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »

Unless you're using a Road Glide for a bar hopper, you've just got to get the right height windshield for function.

:2vrolijk_21: I agree. Makes a big difference in the miles you can put in.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

bostonCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:36 PM »

In the windvest I am looking at the 12, 13 and 14 inch. 5' 10.5 31 inch inseam seems like the 13 would be right I will talk to them tomorrow. Looking  at the same size freedom shield. Bar hoping sometimes but 2k - 3k miles trips at a clip so I need to be able to hundreds of miles at a time at 80 MPH. With the stock wind splitter I would  have brain damage after the the first hour. This from guy that ran a sportster with no windshield for years ( but that was 30 years ago).

I have get to soap box here for a bit. Rode Harley most of my life and everything in between.  2009 - 2012 ran two big BMW. BMW have flaws like all mechanical devices. aero dynamics was not one of them. But what the hell is up with the Road Glide did they think about wind protection , have they had this thing in a wind tunnel? If they did the engineers must have been smoking crack because buffeting at highway speeds I have to say the worst bike I have ever been on including a bunch will no windshield at all, I'll get it sorted because I love everything else about it, but damn a touring bike you can't ride over 50 MPH,,,,what  really???

End of Soap

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »

Getting the "Proper" set up is the secret.

Once you get everything dialed in, the Road Glide can't be beat and will eat the asphalt all day long!

Wind vest 10", lower fairings, fork "dog dish", and the plastic black clip on's things for the engine guards

WORKS AWESOME for me!    :bananarock: :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21:

Good Luck,

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

jcd520

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »

Yellowbird, how tall are you --------------??  I keep reading on here where people say how tall they are and include their inseam. Your leg length I don't think matters----------it's how tall you are from the waist up that really puts your head in the air.
I am asking cause I just got my windvest today but won't be able to try it for a few days......bike is apart for other mods at this point.
I did buy it because I think it is very complimentary to the RG as far as looks go -----------I didn't care much for the Ceebaileys although it did work ok , not great , just ok and much better than the HD 12" windsplitter or Bullsh@$$@$ Bulsh$****er as I like to call it!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:52:46 PM by jcd520 »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

I have Windvest 12 on my SERG, bought it from Jim (HDDUDE) four years ago,I take car of my stuff but it has really held up well, I like the shield so much I would buy another one if this one had scratched but it hasn't. But Jim gives 10% off and you can also buy Windvest thru Drag Specialties and if you go thru Lakeshore HD they will give you 20% off. Also if you catch the Windvest guy at any of the rallys he will let you try one before you buy and he give discounts on site.

jcd520

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »

Just installed and rode the windvest 13" today( also installed lowers) --------------wow! what a difference. I did ride it first with no lowers just to be sure and there is no comparison in my opinion between it and the 15"Ceebaileys I had. I am 6'3" and this 13WV works great for me. Looks much better too in my opinion. I must say the lowers made even more difference but the bike  is perfect now for me. I had to tug around a little on the WV to get it all straight with the stock gasket but it fits real nice and really works and looks great. They also said they would let me "ride and try" and exchange if I needed to .

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 07:41:44 AM »

You are correct.., This WV shield looks really awesome.  :2vrolijk_21:  I like the looks of the lowers on the RG.  Congrats on some really great mods to your beautiful Maple.  ::). Now, get out and ride!
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Tuneso

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 01:45:52 AM »

Looks great

bostonCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »

12" windvest is on its way. My bike is atomic orange love it! but man I don't think much beats the maple that color is just plain sick.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.