Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson removes president of global brand development Neil Grimmer  (Read 3304 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/10/25/harley-davidson-removes-president-of-global-brand.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR3lb3cxd2e5lBPKNwr6wg8iXrT4DCNuMOxRig4PyvuW1DrMea0ezKiKZkQ

Harley-Davidson removes president of global brand development Neil Grimmer

"His departure comes after an internal inquiry along with a third-party investigation into concerns that his judgement and conduct as a senior leader did not align with our culture and the values we expect all our employees to demonstrate," a Harley-Davidson spokesperson said via email.

"Grimmer had most recently worked as CEO of Habit, a personalized nutrition life science company he had founded. Grimmer was a direct report to Levatich, and his duties ranged from product planning, marketing and retail to communications."

"Based upon our internal inquiry along with the findings of this third-party investigation, we determined that Mr. Grimmer leaving Harley-Davidson was the appropriate course of action. Harley-Davidson takes all matters related to workplace conduct and our Valued Behaviors very seriously. All Harley-Davidson employees, regardless of level, are expected to follow our Code of Business Conduct and Valued Behaviors," a Harley-Davidson spokesperson said via email.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt

Well he sure didn't last very long!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag

His judgement and conduct as a senior leader did not align with our culture and the values we expect all our employees to demonstrate.
All Harley-Davidson employees, regardless of level, are expected to follow our Code of Business Conduct and Valued Behaviors.

Sounds like good reasons.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR

Must have been something pretty bad. 

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"

maybe a case of #metoo
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

maybe a case of #metoo

That was my first thought.  Sounds like it was multiple complaints for the same type of behavior.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides

Perhaps they found out he once owned a BMW K1600 and a GoldWing...or, worse yet, was shopping for one.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Someone had to pay for the Livewire disastor!
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

ultrarider123

Grimmer was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.... :huepfenlol2: :nervous: ;D :bananarock:

get it?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

Grimmer was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.... :huepfenlol2: :nervous: ;D :bananarock:

get it?

;D

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: Harley-Davidson removes president of global brand development Neil Grimmer
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/10/25/harley-davidson-removes-president-of-global-brand.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR3lb3cxd2e5lBPKNwr6wg8iXrT4DCNuMOxRig4PyvuW1DrMea0ezKiKZkQ

Harley-Davidson removes president of global brand development Neil Grimmer

"Grimmer had most recently worked as CEO of Habit, a personalized nutrition life science company he had founded. Grimmer was a direct report to Levatich, and his duties ranged from product planning, marketing and retail to communications."

I am sure running a "personalized nutrition life science company" made him fully qualified to sell motorcycles.

When is HD going to return to their roots and bring in real motorcycle lovers.
 :oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

mark

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »

Is this the guy HD recently hired that at one point worked for a soup company? 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »

Is this the guy HD recently hired that at one point worked for a soup company?

Yes he sold his organic baby food company to Campbell Soup. His background includes Cliff Bar, that organic baby food company, a human food for pets company, and most recently a personalized nutrition company.  Of course he was considered with his background to be a perfect match for the leading manufacturer of heavyweight motorcycles in the world. Am guessing he was working on a line of HD Syn 3 organic soup that did not turn out as well as expected.

HD apparently is managed by a confederation of dunces, and as such they seem to be attracting more of the same.

mark

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »

Yes he sold his organic baby food company to Campbell Soup. His background includes Cliff Bar, that organic baby food company, a human food for pets company, and most recently a personalized nutrition company.  Of course he was considered with his background to be a perfect match for the leading manufacturer of heavyweight motorcycles in the world. Am guessing he was working on a line of HD Syn 3 organic soup that did not turn out as well as expected.

HD apparently is managed by a confederation of dunces, and as such they seem to be attracting more of the same.
I agree.  You'd think when a multi-billion dollar MC company needs to fill a top management position, they'd conduct a world-wide search...and a food guy wouldn't be their pick.   

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »

I agree.  You'd think when a multi-billion dollar MC company needs to fill a top management position, they'd conduct a world-wide search...and a food guy wouldn't be their pick.   

Sometimes experience in another industry is good, other times it is not.  I worked in the food business for almost 40 years.  Some of the very worst & disastrous management decisions were made by upper management with no food back ground.  Usually after the damage was done they would move on to their next victim company, occasionally they lasted long enough to get fired.  But the damage was done and the customers were already gone.

My guess is this Grimmer guy was some misguided pipe dream by HD to attract millennial customers.  Trouble is, his replacement could be even worse.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.