Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: T-Man 117 build on my SERK4  (Read 19976 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: T-Man 117 build on my SERK4
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »

I had a fleeting thought about a Silver / Blue SEUC. Hit myself up longside the head and I'm OK now. With as much down time as Lexi's had, Im trying to figure out how I got over 18000 miles on her?  :confused5:

The shop is great. They feel as bad as I do. The tech has never had a problem with a build like mine before. Gosh, I love being first in things like this. Happen's to me all the time. As Brad said "Man you got worse luck than me and mine's bad."

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »

OMG!

Just got a call from the shop. Upon inspection of the cylinders, pistons and rings they observed the cylinders are shiny like they have 10000 miles on em instead of under 3000 miles. They re-ground em and measured. They are still straight and measure perfect. The pistons look good. The rings were suspect so they were replaced.

Now the kick in the groin. Two valve stem seals have moved / dropped. They were replaced with Viton valve stems. The motor was fired back up and taken on a test ride. The top was making a lot of ticking noise. So off came the heads again. The T-Man heads intake valve guides have play in them. Both heads have been boxed up and are being returned to T-Man. The guys at the shop did not consider this possibility right away as the T-Man stuff they have used is just been so damn dependable. Once again, I'm a first for them. Never had a cylinder liner move before. First ECM that did the chit mine did. Now the T-Man heads have to be sent back.

Roger is certain TR (T-Man) will stand behind his heads. I'm just trying to figure out how to get rid of this big black cloud.

JW

damn Jeff curse
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:55:20 PM by Black Diamond »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »

OMG!

Just got a call from the shop. Upon inspection of the cylinders, pistons and rings they observed the cylinders are shiny like they have 10000 miles on em instead of under 3000 miles. They re-ground em and measured. They are still straight and measure perfect. The pistons look good. The rings were suspect so they were replaced.

Now the kick in the groin. Two valve stem seals have moved / dropped. They were replaced with Viton valve stems. The motor was fired back up and taken on a test ride. The top was making a lot of ticking noise. So off came the heads again. The T-Man heads exhaust valve guides have play in them. Both heads have been boxed up and are being returned to T-Man. The guys at the shop did not consider this possibility right away as the T-Man stuff they have used is just been so damn dependable. Once again, I'm a first for them. Never had a cylinder liner move before. First ECM that did the chit mine did. Now the T-Man heads have to be sent back.

Roger is certain TR (T-Man) will stand behind his heads. I'm just trying to figure out how to get rid of this big black cloud.

JW

damn Jeff curse
Hope they found it this time Jeff.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 03:50:19 PM »

Hope they found it this time Jeff.

Good Howie

Can you see the cloud from N.Y.?  ???

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

GH, I don't know if you can see the cloud but the damn things still here!

Picked up the bike yesterday. T-Man replaced the intake valve guides and went over the valve seats, spring, etc to make certain they are like new. The guys replaced the heads, did some heat cycles for the piston rings gave me the thumbs up and away I went.

For approach 10 blocks when it died as I pulled into the gas station lot. Had a hell of a time restarting it. Hit the compression releases which burnt the pinky. Thought that was strange as T-Man compression releases are capped in plastic. TR removed them when working on the heads and did not put em back in. So the shop put in some the had in the shop while waiting on the T-Man releases to arrive as I wanted the bike back now. They forgot to tell me but it is on the paperwork. No idea why TR did not put them back in.

Still had trouble starting her but finally did. Rode straight back to the shop. Pulled in and told em she's dying when I pull the clutch in. Everyone shakes their head. She only does this stuff when I toss my leg over her. Told to turn her off and Bere will check it as soon as he comes back from a test ride. I turn her off but the speedo is still displaying the mileage. Quick check and I realize the headlight is still on too. So with the ignition switch in the off position, the bike is still on. Several things are tried but the bike remains on regardless of the switch position. Bere leaves for his test ride.

About two minutes later, the speedo / head light turn off on it's own. Try as we might, we can not get the bike to replicate this again. Digital tech hooked up, all is well according to the machine.

Ride her 160 miles in a roundabout way home without issue other than hard as hell to start, needs more rpm to take off and is hot as hell.

This morning, I'm moving the bike in the garage when I realize I do not have the FOB in my pocket. The security system is not working. Start the bike up. She starts right away, no issue at all. Drive her gently seating the rings. She takes off without the need for additional rpm.

Notice after approach 200 miles since picking her up, the tach is not working correctly. Show my idle at 100 - 200 rpm. 6th gear at 75 mph should read around 2750, but is being displayed as 1950 rpm. But the motor is running great. Talk with Roger who remembers speedo problems with her in the past. New speedo/tach ordered.

I'm not sure what electrical problems will show up next but I'm riding her a lot today and tomorrow as I have a planned trip to Ga, Tenn, N.C. starting Monday.  :o

JW
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:18:16 PM by Black Diamond »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

GH, I don't know if you can see the cloud but the damn things still here!

Picked up the bike yesterday. T-Man replaced the intake valve guides and went over the valve seats, spring, etc to make certain they are like new. The guys replaced the heads, did some heat cycles for the piston rings gave me the thumbs up and away I went.

For approach 10 blocks when it died as I pulled into the gas station lot. Had a hell of a time restarting it. Hit the compression releases which burnt the pinky. Thought that was strange as T-Man compression releases are capped in plastic. TR removed them when working on the heads and did not put em back in. So the shop put in some the had in the shop while waiting on the T-Man releases to arrive as I wanted the bike back now. They forgot to tell me but it is on the paperwork. No idea why TR did not put them back in.

Still had trouble starting her but finally did. Rode straight back to the shop. Pulled in and told em she's dying when I pull the clutch in. Everyone shakes their head. She only does this stuff when I toss my leg over her. Told to turn her off and Bere will check it as soon as he comes back from a test ride. I turn her off but the speedo is still displaying the mileage. Quick check and I realize the headlight is still on too. So with the ignition switch in the off position, the bike is still on. Several things are tried but the bike remains on regardless of the switch position. Bere leaves for his test ride.

About two minutes later, the speedo / head light turn off on it's own. Try as we might, we can not get the bike to replicate this again. Digital tech hooked up, all is well according to the machine.

Ride her 160 miles in a roundabout way home without issue other than hard as hell to start, needs more rpm to take off and is hot as hell.

This morning, I'm moving the bike in the garage when I realize I do not have the FOB in my pocket. The security system is not working. Start the bike up. She starts right away, no issue at all. Drive her gently seating the rings. She takes off without the need for additional rpm.

Notice after approach 200 miles since picking her up, the tach is not working correctly. Show my idle at 100 - 200 rpm. 6th gear at 75 mph should read around 2750, but is being displayed as 1950 rpm. But the motor is running great. Talk with Roger how remembers speedo problems with her in the past. New speedo/tach ordered.

I'm not sure what electrical problems will show up next but I'm riding her a lot today and tomorrow as I have a planned trip to Ga, Tenn, N.C. starting Monday.  :o

JW
you could try my remedy  ??? just kidding .... it'll work out .... summon the gods of patience my friend.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »

you could try my remedy  ??? just kidding .... it'll work out .... summon the gods of patience my friend.

As a matter of fact. They had a twin to your's sitting outside the front door. God those are gorgerous!

Well went riding again after the rain. With 366 miles on, She started without a problem everytime! The tach is working again. The security system still is not working. She wants a few more rpm at take off but other than that she ran great. Rings are seated so I opened her up some. The trip south is on.

JW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »

As a matter of fact. They had a twin to your's sitting outside the front door. God those are gorgerous!

Well went riding again after the rain. With 366 miles on, She started without a problem everytime! The tach is working again. The security system still is not working. She wants a few more rpm at take off but other than that she ran great. Rings are seated so I opened her up some. The trip south is on.

JW
That sounds to be good news .... ride safe .... we'll be waitin for the report  :vrolijk_11: :smilie_staub: :drink:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »

JW

Trip south?

To get it tuned, I hope!

Let me know and I will try to meet you there!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »

Trip south?

To get it tuned, I hope!

Let me know and I will try to meet you there!

SBB

I'm dropped him a call, so far no response.

JW

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 07:05:17 PM »

I'm dropped him a call, so far no response.

JW

For dyno time he's going to refer you to Bryan.
So, , , might as well ask for Brian to get on the schedule.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:51 PM »

Where in NC are you headed?
Anywhere near the east coast...Let me know,
Always have garage space and room to stay.

Tim

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »

For dyno time he's going to refer you to Bryan.
So, , , might as well ask for Brian to get on the schedule.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

I'll do that in the A.M.  Let you know.

Where in NC are you headed?
Anywhere near the east coast...Let me know,
Always have garage space and room to stay.

Tim

We'll be in the area of the Maryville, Tn / Robbinsville, N.C.   Thanks for the offer.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »

Got back yesterday from a 6 day trip in the North Carolina / Tennesse area. Made a trip to T-Man Performance on Wednesday to let TR get a look at my motor as well as Brian for a dyno tune. They told me to arrive at 8:30 a.m. I showed up about twenty after and TR immediately jumped on my scooter and pulled it on the dyno. He immediately noticed the hestitation when trying to get her going.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 08:35:30 AM »

Checking her over they found an intake leak which they immediately took care of.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 21 queries.