Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO™ Limited Vs. FLHTCUSE⁹  (Read 3597 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
CVO™ Limited Vs. FLHTCUSE⁹
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:41:13 PM »

OK, my time is drawing near. While my SEUC² is running perfect and has brought many happy smiles, it's time to start seriously looking. My 7 year ESP is due to expire in mid December. So I'm torn with trading it in on a '14 or holding on (and gambling) for one more year. Gary (Fired00d  :pumpkin:) firmly believes in holding on to a good thing. And we all know Chip's point of view... ;D So with these thoughts in the back of my mind I decided to ride down to HD of Palm Beach for Demo Days today. I started on a Sportster Fourty Eight. Linda is in class today & tomorrow getting her M/C license.  :orange: So needless to say, I just had to take one for the team & try it out. I'm so glad I don't ride a Sportster everyday and admire those who do! Next up was a Sand Camo colored Fat Bob. Extremely comfortable saddle. Dyna's just aren't my cup of tea.
Finally, the last ride of the day was a blue CVO™ Limited. By now I knew the roads that we were going to take so I was familiar with them and could concentrate more on the bike. I like it. BUT...
I have some major questions that no one has been able to answer for me. I tried looking here but didn't really find the answers.

First and foremost, what is the difference between a  CVO™ Limited and what would have been the next Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic #9 ? Was it just that they wanted a change of name? ...I know the 110" is now liquid cooled and I have gone over most of the new features.

Talk to me about this infotainment center. I rode for about 30 minutes and was only able to find the volume & how to change an FM radio station. Is the CB an accessory? I'm assuming that the fader and such is just buried a little deeper in the programing? Tell me about the GPS. Who makes it? Can we download POI's into it? Or is it like the Mercedes Benz where they allow you to upload information but for a fee? At first glance it didn't look like a Garmin so I guess I'll be learning a whole new platform here.

In conclusion, I liked it a lot. So much so, that I might go demo it again tomorrow. The pipes sounded great right out of the box. The fairing vent was nice until it started to rain. Yes, the water will get in. I missed not having the gloveboxes but that's not that big of a deal. 

Any thoughts? What say you?
Thanks,
AJ

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: CVO™ Limited Vs. FLHTCUSE⁹
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:01:52 PM »

And we all know Chip's point of view... ;D
Thanks,
AJ

:tekst-spam: :znothingfunny: :tekst-spam:

How could you go wrong with Blue!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »

OK, my time is drawing near. While my SEUC² is running perfect and has brought many happy smiles, it's time to start seriously looking. My 7 year ESP is due to expire in mid December. So I'm torn with trading it in on a '14 or holding on (and gambling) for one more year. Gary (Fired00d  :pumpkin:) firmly believes in holding on to a good thing. And we all know Chip's point of view... ;D So with these thoughts in the back of my mind I decided to ride down to HD of Palm Beach for Demo Days today. I started on a Sportster Fourty Eight. Linda is in class today & tomorrow getting her M/C license.  :orange: So needless to say, I just had to take one for the team & try it out. I'm so glad I don't ride a Sportster everyday and admire those who do! Next up was a Sand Camo colored Fat Bob. Extremely comfortable saddle. Dyna's just aren't my cup of tea.
Finally, the last ride of the day was a blue CVO™ Limited. By now I knew the roads that we were going to take so I was familiar with them and could concentrate more on the bike. I like it. BUT...
I have some major questions that no one has been able to answer for me. I tried looking here but didn't really find the answers.

First and foremost, what is the difference between a  CVO™ Limited and what would have been the next Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic #9 ? Was it just that they wanted a change of name? ...I know the 110" is now liquid cooled and I have gone over most of the new features.

Talk to me about this infotainment center. I rode for about 30 minutes and was only able to find the volume & how to change an FM radio station. Is the CB an accessory? I'm assuming that the fader and such is just buried a little deeper in the programing? Tell me about the GPS. Who makes it? Can we download POI's into it? Or is it like the Mercedes Benz where they allow you to upload information but for a fee? At first glance it didn't look like a Garmin so I guess I'll be learning a whole new platform here.

In conclusion, I liked it a lot. So much so, that I might go demo it again tomorrow. The pipes sounded great right out of the box. The fairing vent was nice until it started to rain. Yes, the water will get in. I missed not having the gloveboxes but that's not that big of a deal. 

Thanks,
AJ

AJ, To answer your first question, you are correct, its just a name thing and I have no idea why they did. Regarding the infotainment system, like any new tech device today the info system has tons of features and it takes a few minutes to learn how to navigate through it. I just sat on my bike in the garage for about 20 minutes and get it figured out enough I can use most of it now. The CB is in there, under "Coms" you can access it, then turn on/off, change channels etc.. once
you pair your phone it will come up under coms as well. Just my two cents coming from a guy who never thought he would ever talk on the phone while rolling down the road on my bike it is an AWESOME feature. Once you hook up your Ipod you can access that along with regular radio or XM/Sirius, you can also add on traffic and weather, costs more to do so.
I don't know which company built the GPS/NAV but the icons are very similar to the ones in my Ram truck. It is easy to use and features most standard GPS stuff, fuel, dealers, POI, etc.. you can enter way points, I think it only allows five at a time though.
Go ride it again and see if they will give you a quick walk through of the info system and let you play with it a bit.

Hope this helps some

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »

Go ride it again and see if they will give you a quick walk through of the info system and let you play with it a bit.

Hope this helps some

I think this is the best advice and because it's Blue we already know we have Chip's permission.  :huepfenlol2: Seriously, weather is supposed to be in the high 80's with a 20% chance of rain. I'll head down around Noon and give it another go. One thing I want to check is the front end dive on stopping. I've read that the new forks have alleviated much of the dive. I spend $2K at Traxxion Dynanics to get this resolved so I'm hoping that this won't be the case this time around. Chip, do I still need the Bitubo's in the rear? I was surprised at the  amount of popping on decel. I'm not complaining, it had a nice sound to it. I'll take some pix while there too.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:55 PM »

On the infotainment center if ya start from the home screen and go thru setup (top right) everything is turned on/off from there.  Front forks are amazing...BUT ya gotta have air in the rear ones to get the whole pic (rode mine for a week before figgered that one out)  I've bout decided to put the Garmin 665 for sale as this unit once radar/weather/traffic was activated is AWESOME.   Guys that plan to the enth degree won't like only 9 "waypoints " in a route, but I think there's a few work arounds to that.  I think this scoot outta the crate FAR exceeds the 2010 CVO all tricked out.  The guniea pig in me hopes the potential ECM/tune issues should be soon resolved and the possibility exists that the ones puking water could be related to those issues.  And Blue ones are AWESOME!
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:23 AM »

On the infotainment center if ya start from the home screen and go thru setup (top right) everything is turned on/off from there.  Front forks are amazing...BUT ya gotta have air in the rear ones to get the whole pic (rode mine for a week before figgered that one out)  I've bout decided to put the Garmin 665 for sale as this unit once radar/weather/traffic was activated is AWESOME.   Guys that plan to the enth degree won't like only 9 "waypoints " in a route, but I think there's a few work arounds to that.  I think this scoot outta the crate FAR exceeds the 2010 CVO all tricked out.  The guniea pig in me hopes the potential ECM/tune issues should be soon resolved and the possibility exists that the ones puking water could be related to those issues.  And Blue ones are AWESOME!

On my '07 I have a Garmin 478 and was one of the first on this site to have the NEXRAD Weather superimposed onto the map. It was too cool for it's time. And it was expensive at $34.99 per month. Back then we didn't have iPhones that could do basically the same thing. I even went through 3 HD Bluethooth modules in the past 7 years. At first we thought it would be a good idea to move them into the fairing instead of the valuable Tourpac space as recommended. Live & learn.  :orange:
Keep me posted on any ECM/Tune options that might become available. This maybe another deciding factor.
And if there is anything else I should look or bring to my attention at during the demo ride, I'll be checking in here before I leave the house.
Thx.
AJ

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 09:14:54 AM »

Chip, do I still need the Bitubo's in the rear?

You don't "need" new shocks but at some point you may want them.
Someone here should be able to say if the ones you have will work on the 14.
I probably have an old set I could send you to make the swap.

Nancy and I manage the demo rides for HD of Charlotte and when we did the rides a few weeks ago there was a blue CVO Limited.
I think the drivers name was George and he had a freestanding radio set up for demonstration purposes.
If it was the same guy ask him about it. Also ask him if he remembers us.
Good luck, a friend here traded his 12 SEUC for a 14 CVO Limited for many reason but an important one was the cell connectivity feature.
Let us know what you decide.
And put your name on the Ribfest list, we ALL have been missing you and Linda.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.