Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chrome trim rings and speaker rings  (Read 2341 times)

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
chrome trim rings and speaker rings
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

has anyone put the chrome insterment  trim rings and or chrome speaker rings on front and or back if so how do they look do you like them would you do it again and what is the part numbers you have used l read somewhere that the speaker trim ring are different than the ones in the kit that you can buy it does look like every thing else will fit it is a 14 cvo ltd thanks

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Re: chrome trim rings and speaker rings
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:25:51 PM »

I have both. the front is pretty simple and staight forward. The rear are cheesy cheep and the screws were hard to get started for some reason. I ended up using my old screws. Also my wife has scratched the sh*t out of the one on the left getting one and off.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Nano

• FL

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »

I have both. the front is pretty simple and staight forward. The rear are cheesy cheep and the screws were hard to get started for some reason. I ended up using my old screws. Also my wife has scratched the sh*t out of the one on the left getting one and off.

Same here.  Front go on easy.  Had to use old screws on rear.  Very cheap, but look good.
Nano

2016 FLHTKSE:
V&H Power Duals Header
Tab 4" All Chrome BAM Sticks
TTS Dyno Tuned

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

thanks guys lmao forgot the old lady did that to my old bike too

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »

Same here.  Front go on easy.  Had to use old screws on rear.  Very cheap, but look good.

I also had to use my original screws for the rear chrome trim, I even went back and got another set of screws from another package, only to find they didn't fit either. Now I see you and ghost had the same problem, then there is definitely a problem with them. I looked at them over and over again, they look the same, the parts person said they were the same and I am sure he thought I was crazy trying to scam him out of a set of screws. I ended up removing the eight inserts and re-threading them with the new screws, by screwing them in and out a little more each time. It took 10 or 15 minutes, but they work now.

I have the instrument trim chrome also, I'm not sure that it's worth what I paid for it because I bought the kit that has the dash insert also. I couldn't find the other chrome pieces without the insert, so I had to pay at least double the amount, but when I want something, I'm crazy, dang it, the parts guy was right.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.