CVO Technical > Drive Train

30t Pulley with a stock belt. It can be done!

<< < (39/39)

longlast:
Don't know why
I was thinking 09 the caliper being fixed to the swing arm.

timo482:
after all the troubles... i installed a chain drive - no need to remove or mess with the swing arm, and zippers will provide almost any ratio you want. be certain to install the master link with the removable part to the INSIDE, that way everything clears. all done, no other mods, quiet, works.

Dan_Lockwood:

--- Quote from: timo482 on November 20, 2019, 04:14:27 PM ---after all the troubles... i installed a chain drive - no need to remove or mess with the swing arm, and zippers will provide almost any ratio you want. be certain to install the master link with the removable part to the INSIDE, that way everything clears. all done, no other mods, quiet, works.

--- End quote ---

Timo, you've got me curious now.

I may be miss reading what you've said, it's happened before... :(

Two questions:

1.  The chain is that close that the retainer snap will rub if not to the inside of the chain?

2.  How do you access the master link with the retainer snap to the inside?

Thanks and have a great day!

timo482:
sorry for the late reply... the rivet master link can go one with the removable plate out, but the pins are longer on the clip master link so, i found i had to had the removable plate and the clip on the inside. it does not hit hard enough to do any damage, but it could eventually either cause the clip to fall off [bad] or clearance the primary on its own.. there is plenty of room to get at it on the inside so i just did that.   it works really well.

the chain is about 1/16 wider than the stock 07 belt...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version