Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My name's lastdegree and I have made a mistake  (Read 1865 times)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
My name's lastdegree and I have made a mistake
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »

You may recall that two weeks ago I was a few days away from picking-up a new SESG in spiced rum.  For some reason my wife and I got into a fight one night about comfort vs sportiness during touring and who knows what else and overnight she'd convinced me that an Ultra or Elctraglide with tourpak was just the ticket.   I like the SE Ultra in black, but struggle with the $45k price tag in the UK which is surprising as the SESG with tourpak was running at £40k.  Who really knows what was going on, but it looked like ALL change.   :nixweiss:

Next day I wake like a robot, call the dealer to cancel the order and start looking for a tour bike which three days later I found by way of a 2005 SEEG, 5k, fully loaded with Stage 1 etc, one owner, as new and from a different dealer and at a great price.  So, I place my deposit and a few days later pay my money and I pick-up the new to me bike and away we go.   :huepfenjump3:

I get home ear to ear.  No it's not super fast and yes the suspension is a little soft - but so what I've just saved close to $20k, it looks the bomb and my insurance is peanuts Vs the SESG.  Next day I wake and take Maxine out and - oh please help me as it's now noticeably slower, much softer and the front end shakes on certain roads.  Max get's back pulling a face and I'm now looking at how much to work the bike into what I want. :nixweiss:

Six hours later and I'm sitting with my in laws drowning my sorrows  :drink: no further way forward and wake robot like once again.  Bingo - found the answer.  Kick-up the new bike, take it to the original dealer, ride-up, walk into the showroom, pick out the salesman and ask for forgiveness. 

Can I have my bike back mister?  Yes you can.  Can you take this one as part-ex?  Yes I can.  Will you allow me the same deal?  Yes I can.   Will you apply my lost deposit to this sale?  Yes I will.  :2vrolijk_21:

That was five days ago and in two days (sound familiar?) I pick-up the new SESG and hand over the SEEG.  So board, please forgive me for not believing that the SESG was the right bike in the first place, that I had a one night stand, albeit tender loving  :drink:with an SEEG and that the only way to feed my ego was to go for for a new SESG.

I'm back and yes I will post pics shortly.   :pepper: :pineapple: :orange: :mango: :apple:

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
Re: My name's lastdegree and I have made a mistake
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

I'm sorry... that is a fuggin awesome story.  Especially since you ended up with the "right" bike in the "right" color!! :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »

Congrats!!! Nothing like a story w/a happy ending. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

Great story-happy it worked out!    :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

You'll excuse me if I laughed all the way through that. :huepfenlol2:

The SEEG is an awsome bike and is definately capable of hangin with the SEUC at any speed.  However, having came from five years on a SEEG, I can tell you that it's no where near the bike that the SEUC is.....you're doing the right thing. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »

JCZ, I think he went with the SESG, not the SECU.  :nixweiss: Either way he can't go wrong.

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »

SESG and all the way baby.  Just off the blower from the dealer and he's installed the hi output pipes, the SERT?, the windsplitter screen and it's ready for the big swap on Saturday at 11am.  Will have the dealer take a pic of me and my cheesy grin for you to have a laugh out loud moment.

Next-up is a spiced rum RAZOR PAK - not kidding - Max want's a back rest and I'd prefer not to look like a lolly pop man cruising the streets (sorry all Kind and chopped lovers),  A C&C seat, J&M upgrade and I may pull the trigger on some Apes for my ape like arms.

Till tomorrow

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

Great story lucky to pull the deal off like you did.  Congratulations on the new ride
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »

JCZ, I think he went with the SESG, not the SECU.  :nixweiss: Either way he can't go wrong.

You're right and I stand to be corrected sir! :2vrolijk_21:

I don't know what I was thinkin there.  I came off of a SEEG and I now ride a SESG!  I couldn't tell you the difference between a SEEG and SEUC as far as the ride goes.....never been on a SEUC. :nixweiss:   Sounds like he's well on his way.

In case you get bored, last degree, here's some reading and pics.....about 43 pages of them.....to view the different mods that you have ahead of you.  Just tryin to help, ya know........   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »

You're right and I stand to be corrected sir! :2vrolijk_21:

I don't know what I was thinkin there.  I came off of a SEEG and I now ride a SESG!  I couldn't tell you the difference between a SEEG and SEUC as far as the ride goes.....never been on a SEUC. :nixweiss:   Sounds like he's well on his way.

In case you get bored, last degree, here's some reading and pics.....about 43 pages of them.....to view the different mods that you have ahead of you.  Just tryin to help, ya know........   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

Never been on a SEUC?  :nixweiss:

Well JC, all I can say is although you have a beautiful SESG, having come from a fantastic SEEG, you haven't lived life to the fullest yet!

Of course you still have plenty of time for a SEUC someday.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:07:32 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 01:29:57 AM »

I'll be the first one to say that I got real lucky with the dealer.  If it were me I'd have made life tough - especially as I'd ordered the bike in.  I'd planned on a $2-4k loss, a loss of the original deposit and maybe not as good a deal as first time round so $5k maybe.  Good dealer, good sales guy (who has the same bike) and for once a little luck.  Actually, not all great as it cost me $80 to change the insurance policy.

Mods will be underway shortly and JCZ there's no way I'm looking at your thread - there's more toys at lastdegree towers without me adding more toys to the new toy. 

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 08:13:28 AM »

I was concerned......until I got to the last paragraph.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.