CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Boom Stage 2 Saddlebag Speaker Replacement - Cicada

<< < (2/2)

kevin_n:
I don’t know if they make replacements for the front speakers. The rear speakers use the factory 2 plug connections. I am by no means an audiophile, I just didn’t wanna spend the money to replace the entire system and these worked out as a great alternative for me. Plus I sometimes over pack my bags and didn’t want to have a 6x9 speaker sitting that far in since would need to add an adapter to make it fit.

RivRaptor:
Having invested in the 6 speaker, 3 Amp upgrade (speakers in the lowers on my 17') Boom set up awhile back, and on my 2nd set of rear speakers these Cicada's seem like a nice little upgrade. I was hopping some one was gonna come up with something like this. I think I'm gonna have to try a set of these...will post a review...

Brigsy:

--- Quote from: mjb765 on October 20, 2023, 10:42:26 AM ---If the sound is that much better it might be worth replacing all 4 speakers.......DO they make fairing speakers that will work with Boom2 as well?

--- End quote ---
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Cxx57.2.  When I talked to them about it they warned me I would want to upgrade the fairing speakers as well.  If you do that, you will need a new amp setup.  For now, the saddlebag speakers from Cicada can be run in a single OR bi-amp configuration.  Boom 2 uses a bi-amp 2ohm speaker so these should be a simple remove and replace.  I understand the new saddlebag speakers are deeper due to a better magnet so that will require "trimming," but I don't know how much yet.  I'll post some pics.

Cvostu:
I have a soundz system and noticed I had a few speakers buzzing front and rear. I went with cicada 5x7-4a in the bags and hertz sx 165 neo in the fairing. Left the soundz amp and it's been amazing. Really good stuff. I went with these mostly because I didn't want to modify the bags and do a major cutting job.. I was thinking about 6x9s. But these worked out fine for me. Stuart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version