CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

My thoughts on Microfibre

(1/2) > >>

DHTDHT:
I like them, for cleaning. If they are perfectly clean, they will not scratch paint, but to keep 'em perfectly clean, you can not even leave them on a shelf where they might pick up dust. They need to be in a sealed container, or freshly washed. For these reasons, I do not use them or any fabric to clean shiney painted surfaces.  A wash mitt and lots of water is a pain, but it is the only safe way to clean paint. Where I do microfibre very useful is in cleaning metal parts and engine paint, as they do seem to pick up dirt very efficiently. The same applies to drying the bike

BobD:
Wow, way too much for me to worry about. I'd never be able to sleep worrying. I like micro fiber. I carry a couple in a zip lock bag for road trip clean up and detailing. They need to be clean. A contaminated micro fiber cloth will scratch just like any other rag if it's dirty. I especially like them for cleanup of the windshield.
Wax? I seldom use it. I've driven black cars, trucks and motorcycles for over 20 years and I'll put their shine/finish up against anyone

DHTDHT:
I'm sure the Egyptian is the best, and I'd like to see a place where you can buy small Egyptian towels.  I don't think chrome requires any protectant finish. It is extremely hard and does not rust. Most say you should not even polish chrome, just clean it.

DHTDHT:

--- Quote ---Wow, way too much for me to worry about. I'd never be able to sleep worrying. I like micro fiber. I carry a couple in a zip lock bag for road trip clean up and detailing. They need to be clean. A contaminated micro fiber cloth will scratch just like any other rag if it's dirty. I especially like them for cleanup of the windshield.

That's what I said.

Wax? I seldom use it. I've driven black cars, trucks and motorcycles for over 20 years and I'll put their shine/finish up against anyone
--- End quote ---

doubledeuce3:
i also use the micro rags for detailing.
good tip is not towash them with any other material, especially pure cotton!!!
 the lint from the cotton will stick to the micro's.
keep them isolated in plastic bags and wash them with mild dishwashing liquids! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version