Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lifter examination  (Read 707 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Lifter examination
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »

Hi Guys, just wondering at what mileage the lifters on my 09 should be examined. I  eventually want to put in S&S lifters and pushrods (not the quickie ones), and have them adjusted as per Maladjusted's post, since I have what I think is lifter noise between 2800-3000 RPM. I have about 17K miles now and it runs and sounds just like it did when it was new including the lifter noise. The only thing I can remember having to change out was the compensator, less than 1000  miles ago. Just for the record I have the Fulsac Stage one kit with 1.75 baffles and I am happy with performance and mileage. I almost always ride two up with luggage. I ride it hard, but I don't abuse it. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Lifter examination
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »

Since you say its been there from the beginning I would check sooner than later, if it goes away then all is good, if the noise is still there it could be piston slap or something else and identifying and eliminating it would add peace of mind.

I am not sure how much riding you are getting in, but I would think about doing it 20k if the bike is running as it always has or as a winter project.   You might want to leave yourself enough time though to test it so if it is something more than just valve train noise that you have the winter to fix it vs. not knowing till the riding season starts for you.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.