Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spiced Rum with tan seat?  (Read 1089 times)

tdnoles

• CVO1: 2010 Spiced Rum Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver FLHTCUSE3
Spiced Rum with tan seat?
« on: December 27, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »

Does anyone on here have a photo of a spiced rum with a tan colored seat? Thinking of having my solo seat recovered in a light brown or tan, but wanted to see what it might look like before I pull the trigger and spend the cash.

Thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Spiced Rum with tan seat?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

I think it'd be nice looking if the "brown or tan" kind of matched the gold leafing. 

Not sure where you were going to get it covered at but if you have somebody close by, go look at their samples.....lay it across your tank (near the gold leafing) and back away 20-30 feet and see if it's a close match.

Our gold leafing is a white gold where yours is the yellow gold, otherwise I'd go to Corbin and find something for you to match up. :nixweiss:

If you get the color dialed right, I think it'd look very nice and I'm sure it would be duplicated by others. :2vrolijk_21: 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »

I agree with JC... Match the striping and she'll look awesome!

Don't forget to post pics when completed.  ;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

tdnoles

• CVO1: 2010 Spiced Rum Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »

I purchased the Mustang solo seat with the backrest shortly after I got the bike.....It looks good on it but thought the lighter color would bring out the gold leaf striping on the bike....Thanks for the idea about going to someone close, but there are none, but I might be able to get an idea by just looking at an upholster's materials.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »

I purchased the Mustang solo seat with the backrest shortly after I got the bike.....It looks good on it but thought the lighter color would bring out the gold leaf striping on the bike....Thanks for the idea about going to someone close, but there are none, but I might be able to get an idea by just looking at an upholster's materials.

I'm sure in Florida there has to be many upholsterers, with all those yachts moored so close... And you know they are use to working with water proof materials!

I have always had good luck with a guy who makes his living re-uplostering for the boating community at near by Lake Simcoe in Southern Ontario.  Check them out locally and I'm sure you will find some quality craftmen.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »

If you want to see what a brown/tan seat looks like on several paint schemes, check out an Indian Chief Vintage...many of them have the natural saddle leather you ar speaking of.  If you think CVOs are overpriced, these beauties will make you think you stole your CVO!

Here's the link to Indian home:

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:52:08 PM by Beemer »

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.