Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Yellowstone?/Yosemite  (Read 3366 times)

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
Re: Yellowstone?/Yosemite
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »

Yellowstone is a much nicer ride and the areas around the park provide much better riding than that around Yosemite. But both are great rides and you can't go wrong no matter which you choose to do. If you choose Yosemite you can exit the park around 395 and do South Lake Tahoe, Carson City and Silver City which are great places to visit

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »

I vote for the West Yellowstone area. There is a “cool” place near the Montana - Idaho border, not far from the big pipe sticking out of the ground (Marker.jpg), where the clouds are very dense and come in low enough to knock your hat off (WestYellowstone.jpg). If you manage to find this place, watch your head.

A little farther east is a road, that when ridden with some enthusiasm will knock your socks off (BearToothChiefJoseph_01.jpg). If you manage to find this place make sure that your boots are laced up tight.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

WestYellowstone.jpg

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »

BearToothChiefJoseph_01.jpg

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »

I'm partial to Yellowstone and Beartooth Pass. Just don't let the little woman navigate with the map upside down lol.
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »

Very simple.  Both are "must do" before you die.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »

You could follow part of the Nige, "Trail of Gears" he took last year.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »

I have to agree with Yellowstone..however beware of the weather potential, we were there in late June and there was plenty of snow along side the roads. The ride from West Yellowstone to Jackson Hole is sweet.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »

Which would you recommend i could only go during July/August.

The last week of July and the fist couple of weeks in August worked great for me.
I dont think Beartooth Pass is snow plowed until July 4 th.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 10:17:01 AM »

It's kinda like Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, it usually open on Memorial Day, but due to on going snow storms and be closed and opened several times before it remains open for the summer. 

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »

I have been to both, choose Yellowstone for all the reasons that have been given. And yes, there can be snow in July and August. A freak snowstorm is NOT uncommon either.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

The ride from West Yellowstone to Jackson Hole is sweet.

You could do a National Park tour. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Zion, Yosemite can be done and enjoyed in a week.

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »

You could do a National Park tour. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Zion, Yosemite can be done and enjoyed in a week.

I just dropped out of our group trip to Sturgis next year because I'd rather see the national parks like Yellowstone and others west of SD. We're from the east coast and our vacation time is precious so we don't want to spend a whole week riding freeways getting there and back. Can anyone suggest a good plan for a "fly and ride" into a location that's a center point for Yellowstone, Glacier, Yosemite and points in-between? It looks like Idaho might be the right area ?

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Beartooth, Sturgis and the Blackhills (Mount Rushmore, etc), Devils' Tower, etc

Many others

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »

I just dropped out of our group trip to Sturgis next year because I'd rather see the national parks like Yellowstone and others west of SD. We're from the east coast and our vacation time is precious so we don't want to spend a whole week riding freeways getting there and back. Can anyone suggest a good plan for a "fly and ride" into a location that's a center point for Yellowstone, Glacier, Yosemite and points in-between? It looks like Idaho might be the right area ?

We have been thinking about that very thing for a couple of years! We are on the east coast also. Just have not had the time to plan it out. Keep us posted if another bike won't cramp your style.  ;D  Bill
RETIRED! :fireman:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.