Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Two X Four" Kicked-up Into Windshield Video Clip  (Read 921 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: "Two X Four" Kicked-up Into Windshield Video Clip
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:49:09 PM »

You have way....way to much time on your hands young man. :D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »

Two questions....

1. Why was he/she filming in the first place?

2. Why was there not a peep muttered when it hit the windshield?

Weird.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »

OUCH!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »

Two questions....

Dammit Rob! Now I won't be able to sleep at night.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A conspiracy to get a new windshield.

All I know is that I'm glad I wear goggles that are safe for road debris... :confused5:
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:01 AM »

That's one reason it pisses me off when semi, 1/2 semi, or ppl towing trailers get in the fast lane of any road.  If your not passing ppl on the right, get over.  You create traffic, create blind spots, and .... damn I should just stop now before I say something I'll regret later.  :nixweiss:

Another reason I don't closely follow two giant vehicles that you can't see past.  You don't know what's ahead of em.

Too bad the driver of the trailer didn't see the 2x4; or if he did, too bad he/she had terrible judgment and ran it over.  Just glad it didn't hit the driver or a passenger.  I think my head shot back about 3 inches when it hit the windshield.  :'(

-------

On another note, this exact thing happend to me this past Friday on my way down to LA for RideLikeAPro.  I was in the fast lane, it was about to merge and close up with the lane next to me.  Two lanes over on the right was two semi's with a van in between em.

The 1st semi was carring a ton of 2x4s.  The semi behind the van, to my right, and a bit ahead was carring a ton of cars.

I didn't see the board drop off the 1st semi, but I did see it on the ground ahead of the van.  All I could think was oh crap.  I quickly accelerated and as I came up next to the semi my lane merged with the lane next to the semi.  At the same time, the semi carring cars ran over and smashed the 2x4 into a million projectiles.  They all flew just behind me and pelted all the cars behind.  I could only imagine what would have happened had I not see the possible danger and accelerated out of the path of the shrapnel.

This also reminds me of a time when a truck in front of me (a dually), also in the fast lane, ran over a full sheet of dry wall and kicked it up in front of me.  We were doing about 75.  I was able to slow down to about 55/60 when I ran into said dry wall which was fully vertical when I hit.  Felt like I drove into a house.  All the cars behind me slammed on their brakes thinking my car just exploded -- lots of white smoke from the obliterated dry wall.  :o  That was fun as there was no damage to the car -- thankfully.

I probably got a million other close calls.  Commuting 120 miles a day in the bay area, you start to rack em up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:06:38 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »

Dammit Rob! Now I won't be able to sleep at night.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A conspiracy to get a new windshield.

All I know is that I'm glad I wear goggles that are safe for road debris... :confused5:

HA HA....I'm sure they would help with those 2 by's whizzing by.... :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »

Driver should be glide he/she was not on two wheels
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.