Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO VRSCE engine question  (Read 7223 times)

mick_n_az

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

CVO VRSCE engine question
« on: July 21, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

I'm looking at older VROD and am being told the engine has been replaced with a Screamin Eagle CVO 1250 VRSCE engine, trans, injectors and power commander.  Can anyone tell me how to identify a CVO engine?  Engine#'s sequenze etc?

Thank you,
Mick

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: CVO VRSCE engine question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »

See if the VIN on the engine matches the VIN on the frame.  If it does, the engine cases are the ones that came with the bike originally, so the engine hasn't been replaced.  If it doesn't, write down the entire number and maybe we can help interpret it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »

I'm looking at older VROD and am being told the engine has been replaced with a Screamin Eagle CVO 1250 VRSCE engine, trans, injectors and power commander.  Can anyone tell me how to identify a CVO engine?  Engine#'s sequenze etc?

Thank you,
Mick

Mick:

First, everything except the Power Commander is a integrated part of all V-Rod motor platforms.

The second issue is you may need to get with your local dealer on any special serial number configurations for CVO V-Rods. 

Lastly, a CVO 1250 V-Rod motor isn't any more powerful than a standard  1250. It may have more Chrome Jewelry on it but the motor is essentially the same.

Engine performance upgrades come from the V-Rod Screaming Eagle products and OEM upgrades that made the motor much more potenent. Boring and stroking head, valve and spring work larger injectors, throttlebodies and yes turbos aka Trask Turbo.

Some of this stuff was bought from the harley V-Rod Destroyer platform and supporting parts.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jerry

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:56:05 AM »

My 06 says screamin eagle 1250 on the heads.
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

mick_n_az

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »

I apologize if I wasn't clear...the guy replaced the stock 02 engine with a new CVO engine and trans....I'm trying to find out if the CVO engines have different engine block numbers that identify them from a standard vrod engine?  Is the block different or just chrome accessories, etc?  Does CVO utilize different parts?  On my european bikes (like on old camaro's) you can tell what an engine is by the block numbers.

Thanks for the replies and information.

Mick :drummer:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

The original engine would have been 1130 cc's and the engine code is a "Z".  The 1250 cc version that was used in the SE has an engine code of "G".  As best I can remember, the engine in the SE has the same output as the other 1250 engines, but the SE had SE badges on the heads and some chrome bits and pieces.   Like I said before, find the serial number stamped on the actual engine.  And if it doesn't match the frame VIN, you will want some paperwork to prove it's a legitimately purchased replacement.  No one wants to have authorities do a VIN check and impound their bike because the numbers don't match.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mick_n_az

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »

The original engine would have been 1130 cc's and the engine code is a "Z".  The 1250 cc version that was used in the SE has an engine code of "G".  As best I can remember, the engine in the SE has the same output as the other 1250 engines, but the SE had SE badges on the heads and some chrome bits and pieces.   Like I said before, find the serial number stamped on the actual engine.  And if it doesn't match the frame VIN, you will want some paperwork to prove it's a legitimately purchased replacement.  No one wants to have authorities do a VIN check and impound their bike because the numbers don't match.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry.  I am very familiar with the paperwork side, especially in California where they can be quite picky.  He has all paperwork including dyno details etc.  Just want to make certain start off on good foot...been wanting a VRod for a while.  Looking forward to converting to mid controls, relocated gauge, different bars and seat as a starting point.  I appreciate all the info.  Cheers, Mick :drink:

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.