Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: tranny oil in primary  (Read 6937 times)

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
Re: tranny oil in primary
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »

Hello JERRY,
Yea, the why behind this transfer is bugging me too. After my fix, I have been asking fellow M8 owners if they had this problem, and to a man they knew nothing about it. “Who checks tranny oil?” was the usual response. 4 out of 6 were low. Brother in law has 3 M8s, all low.
Since now, thanks to the vent tube, I have an access path to my primary I think I’ll  connect digital gauges to the tube and see what kind of pressure / vacuum is going on in there. Stay tuned.
Tom. P

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 06:51:45 PM »

Hello JERRY,
Yea, the why behind this transfer is bugging me too. After my fix, I have been asking fellow M8 owners if they had this problem, and to a man they knew nothing about it. “Who checks tranny oil?” was the usual response. 4 out of 6 were low. Brother in law has 3 M8s, all low.
Since now, thanks to the vent tube, I have an access path to my primary I think I’ll  connect digital gauges to the tube and see what kind of pressure / vacuum is going on in there. Stay tuned.
Tom. P

Been down that road with our local dealer. Got all kinds of denials and excuses but persistence pays off, I guess.
Factory guy shows up and adds the vent tube.
I just got back from a trip of 1500 miles and the oil levels in transmission and engine are right on the mark.
The vent works.
 Dealership and factory people have no explanation WHY it’s happening, but common sense would point to a couple of issues in the new design of engine and transmission.
What would you do if you were the accountant for Harley? A 10cent hose? Or, a $500 addition to machining process?
 :soapbox:
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2019, 11:19:42 AM »

I see now that Harley will SELL you that 10 cent hose for the discounted price of only $39.00!
And you can do the work yourself.
Of course you’ll have to BUY the oil and gaskets yourself.

Looks like Harley found a way to make a profit on their mistakes.
HOGMIKE

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »

I see now that Harley will SELL you that 10 cent hose for the discounted price of only $39.00!
And you can do the work yourself.
Of course you’ll have to BUY the oil and gaskets yourself.

Looks like Harley found a way to make a profit on their mistakes. AGAIN

Mike, you forgot a word, I fixed it for you!
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »

Mike, you forgot a word, I fixed it for you!

Thanks, someday I’ll learn how to do that!
 8)
HOGMIKE

The 1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »

Hello JERRY,
Tom. P
[/  quote] pull clutch lever in wait 15 seconds, make sure trans is in first,hit starter, bike jumps forward a couple of inches,neutral has all of a sudden become harder to find?? you probably have this problem, check trans it will be low. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.