Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: KFOG- kaboom  (Read 2232 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
KFOG- kaboom
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »

San Francisco raido station kfog put on a free concert and fireworks show last night. 300,000 folk show up and i,ve never seen so many bike in san fran at one time.Event took place between pier 39 and pack bell park on the embarcdero. GREAT nigt of fun .KFOG supported biker to come to the event and heard thru the grape vine that you could park anywhere you could find a spot. THE POLICE AND FIREMAN were great they relaxed all driveing rule for bikers.Bike were parked on sidewalks for miles,cycles and bicycles together in bike lane,split traffic ok,run red lights when traffic was stalled ok,u-turns, driveing on sidewalks with plublic ok.I pulled some driveing manuvers after asking Police if: i could get away with this one" Responce go ahead be carefull and enjoy the show.Bottem line NEVER  have seen Police and Fire on the job so friendly and helpfull at a large event. Sorry no photos- My hat is off to them, and city of san frans workers-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

cigarmike

Re: KFOG- kaboom
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »

Hey Andy, I was there with some friends, but we were at Pier 23, or was it 29? lol, thats where the pre-party was. We didnt stay for the fireworks however. I saw quite a few CVO's yesterday in the city, including one monkey doing a burnout (about 1 minute long) and then a wheelie on a crowded street, that was in plain view by 3 officers watching.....they only smiled...yea, the cops were more than cool yesterday. Alot nicer than the bike cop who pulled me over and wrote me up for speeding on cinco de mayo, because I passed 2 idiots, one on a cell phone, and the other weaving to get away from them. To add insult to injury, he made me blow even though I had no signs of drinking possible. I did get a little revenge, telling him as I signed my ticket.."You Know officer, that they give the good Cops, a bike like mine", "the rest of you get those white things"....he did smile.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »

Mike- should have sayed for the fireworks it was Jerry Lee,  Killer for sure. I didn,t get there till 4;15 pm( in a sewer man hole on my property in the afternoon doing a repair) Didn,t get home till 1am-AK

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 01:03:46 PM »

Anything going on in Frisco over Memorial Day Weekend ? Youngest graduates from SFSU on the 27th. Wife and I will be in town from Friday to Sunday. Got a suite booked on Fisherman's Wharf. Daughter's gonna want to hit North Beach on Saturday night I'm sure, but was wondering  - - -any suggestions for dinner Friday night on the Wharf ?

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »

Anything going on in Frisco over Memorial Day Weekend ? Youngest graduates from SFSU on the 27th. Wife and I will be in town from Friday to Sunday. Got a suite booked on Fisherman's Wharf. Daughter's gonna want to hit North Beach on Saturday night I'm sure, but was wondering  - - -any suggestions for dinner Friday night on the Wharf ?
Would-ent-you know i,ll be south 26th,27th staple pavilion got ticket to son-in-laws fight in LA. I,ll send you a pm theres a bar in north beach on a side street that,s in LOTs of movies hole in the wall blues joint under the raydar  it,s called the saloon oldest bar in San fran. Lots of good places to eat,the wharf  goes from $$$$$$-$$$ and there is a Hooters right there, and hard rock Got a friend who rides has limo service(good friend of Sid,s) You may want to contact him...AK

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »

Is there ever a time that there is NOT anything happenin' in the Bay Area?

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:28:59 AM »

Sounds like a great time! It's good to see SF's finest were cooperative.

FYI Frisco is in Texas , as a 5th generation San Francisco native, it is unfortunate some folks get confused about this.  Herb Caen , noted SF columist even wrote a book on the subject "Don't Call it Frisco" .

Those in the know refer to it as "The City" .

CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 10:21:54 AM »

FYI Frisco is in Texas , as a 5th generation San Francisco native, it is unfortunate some folks get confused about this.  Herb Caen , noted SF columist even wrote a book on the subject "Don't Call it Frisco" .

Nidan......the Californianian is really coming out in you! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  He's right, very few Califonians refer to it as Frisco......it's "the city".
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »

[highlight]FYI Frisco is in Texas [/highlight], as a 5th generation San Francisco native, it is unfortunate some folks get confused about this.  Herb Caen , noted SF columist even wrote a book on the subject "Don't Call it Frisco" .

There's also a Frisco just outside Breckenridge Colorado  ;)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »

Is that the same as "The Frisco Kid" ? Where's he from?
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

cigarmike

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 03:49:10 PM »

There's also a Frisco just outside Breckenridge Colorado  ;)

That must be  where brokeback mountain is too then !!!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 11:16:58 PM »

That must be  where brokeback mountain is too then !!!

Nah... them are California mountain boys... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] ;D ;)

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.