Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Quick run to Memphis  (Read 12059 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Quick run to Memphis
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

Brian's Before and After. :o
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:04:22 PM by J.Rud »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »

Now I'm going for a little Scoot, all's I can say is "Brian your killing me!!! I need to be packing!!!" ;D ;D ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »

Now I'm going for a little Scoot, all's I can say is "Brian your killing me!!! I need to be packing!!!" ;D ;D ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Have fun, man!  Try to keep that front wheel down on the ground as much as you can!! ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »

That's nice Brian. Congrats on what looks to be a job well done.  Your numbers are considerably better than mine after the first tuning attempt and still a bit better after the second time they finished dialing it in.  You're gonna love it!

Congrats again.  Now enjoy the ride.

JR, thanks man for sharing Brian's accomplishments with everyone.  It sounds like you're having almost as much fun helping as he is receiving on this deal.  It's been a good one to watch.

See you both real soon.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2006, 04:26:11 PM »

Brian, all I can say is "hang on" 'cause it's gonna fly.  You guys may force me to have to do something more to mine.  Anyway, JR thanks for getting all this uploaded for us to admire (drool over).  See you guys soon.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »

Brian, all I can say is "hang on" 'cause it's gonna fly.  You guys may force me to have to do something more to mine.  Anyway, JR thanks for getting all this uploaded for us to admire (drool over).  See you guys soon.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
my sentiments exactly Ultrafxr.  I'm drooling all over the place on Brian's mods.....he's killing me.  >:( har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2006, 04:43:40 PM »

Great numbers Brian, Its interesting that the D&D's torque come on sooner but flattens out whereas the Reinharts keep climbing.

Have fun and hang on, when you grab a handfull now your going to GGGOOOOO....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Uh, Gary, I just got the numbers from JR.  Let's just say you might want to invest in a laptop!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Brian,
Those numbers look real good. [smiley=bigok.gif] Just wait until you ride it then you will really be smiling. [smiley=vrolijk_4.gif]. Congrats!!!

JR,
Thanks for sharing all of this with us. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm Back!!!! Man that thing is SICK!!!!! Brian you better bring that backrest with ya tomorow, use gonna need it!  [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

Ya Killing Me, I need to be packing and I'm wanting to go play some more! I'm sooo excited for ya Buddy! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Oh, um, bring a new rear tire when you come down! I couldn't help myself! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Be careful coming down, God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »

Great numbers Brian, Its interesting that the D&D's torque come on sooner but flattens out whereas the Reinharts keep climbing.

Have fun and hang on, when you grab a handfull now your going to GGGOOOOO....
Hey hd-dude, that is interesting on the rienharts vs the D&D's......my 'seat of the pants' tells me the same thing on the Rienharts.....a tad flat on the start but opens up later on.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »

CHIT guys, I wish I'd never looked at this. :'( :'( :'(
damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn---damn!!!!
There goes my Christmas bonus. [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Brian, you gotta be about to explode with excitement. I am for ya. Congrats. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2006, 06:34:52 PM »

Thanks, guys! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I about fell over when John told me the numbers over the phone!  "116 point how many ft./lbs. of torque???" [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif]  Yeah, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to Brian Rose and the staff at Bumpus Harley-Davidson in Memphis!  They were outstanding in their communication with me and with John throughout the past couple of weeks.  Brian also found a number of things wrong with the bike that I had no idea existed, including a porous rear cylinder head, improperly torqued compensator nut, and a broken bracket inside the fairing.  I think it is this kind of attention to detail that each of us expects at our dealer, but seemingly is getting harder and harder to find.  Thus, my decision, after talking with JR and with the folks at Bumpus, to have them perform this work for me, even though it was nearly 500 miles away from my home.

The results appear to be very impressive and I can't wait to ride the bike.  After looking at the dyno sheets with me, my wife made me promise to call her every day from Maggie Valley so that she knows I'm still alive! ;D

So, to sum it up: Zipper's makes a great product, Bumpus H-D has an excellent service department and technician in Brian Rose, and JR is Bike Babysitter Extraordinaire!!!!!!!!

Oh, and one last thing . . . . . . . . . . Heeeeere, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy!!! [smiley=evilgrin.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2006, 07:15:24 PM »

Oh, and one last thing . . . . . . . . . . Heeeeere, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy!!! [smiley=evilgrin.gif]

well, this is quickly becoming the Maggie Valley Showdown.  Not sure this gathering isn't becoming a 'high-noon' hp shoot-out.  Gonna be a real good time.  [smiley=party.gif] har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »

well, this is quickly becoming the Maggie Valley Showdown.  Not sure this gathering isn't becoming a 'high-noon' hp shoot-out.  Gonna be a real good time.  [smiley=party.gif] har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
Does this mean we will need to get Clorox (for burnouts) and a stopwatch??? ;D Seriously this will be a fun/safe time. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »

Nice numbers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

But there is no way fast to get there from here!!!!!!   it's at least 2 day's [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.