Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "05 Radio Aux Input  (Read 1074 times)

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
"05 Radio Aux Input
« on: January 24, 2008, 03:51:17 PM »

When using the Auxiliary input on the stock (2005 SEEG) radio, I have been losing the sound.  I am using an Ipod with a new 3.5mm cord.  The Ipod is still running but no sound comes out through the radio speakers.  If I switch to the radio function(s) everything works fine.  Back to Aux and nothing.  Turning the Ipod off and on does not help nor does unplugging and re-plugging the cord.

Still have not ruled out a problem with the Ipod or the cord but has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: "05 Radio Aux Input
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »

Yep, I did on my 04 SEEG.  Somebody suggested I switch to one of the cables with the gold ends.  Monster and a few other name brand companies make them. 

I went to Fry's Electronics and told the guy what my problem was and what was needed.  He tried to tell me "it's probably not the cable" but I bought it anyway.  Been good to go for the past couple of years. :2vrolijk_21:

Now I bought the Nolan N-Com helmets with the MP3 cord.  It worked great for a couple of days.  Now, at times it's totally static or not there at all.  Looks like I'm going to have to go buy another cable for the helmet (to listen to my XM in the helmet.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.