Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fault Codes  (Read 891 times)

BobP

Fault Codes
« on: July 31, 2005, 09:24:54 PM »

I'm having trouble with the radio on my SEEG.  Some days it is fine and other days it intermittently turns itself off and on, increases the volume setting to maximum and sometimes changes stations.  On one occasion it displayed the fault d1 with an alternating 11111111 and 11111110.
Does anyone have a listing of what the fault codes mean?  I'm taking it into my local H-D dealer for repair but I'm still curious.
Bob
Bob

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Fault Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 10:52:51 PM »

The "d1" refers to diagnostic mode group 1, which is the first screen you see when you enter the radio's diagnostic mode.  The line of 1's and 0's are input bits that correspond to various switches, and will normally toggle between 1 and 0 when the switch is operated.  There is also a "d2" screen with additional switch functions.  The numbers you saw are not a fault code like the ones you would get from the ECM.

Your owners manual has a short description of how to enter the diagnostic mode screens, but basically you hold in two of the preset buttons and then turn the key switch to IGNITION.  You use the LO/DX switch to advance through the diagnostic screens.

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 22 queries.