Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Race Tuner help needed  (Read 1027 times)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
Race Tuner help needed
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:15:09 PM »

I have an 04 seeg with HD race Tuner, Vance & Hines pro pipe. I am going to install a 211 SE cam.
The CD that came with my race tuner when I bought the bike new will not open on my laptop.
I gave it to my mechanic buddy and he could get it to open on his. He said the different mappings are numbered but not described.
Does anyone know which mapping I should use with my setup ?
Should I go buy the newest version of the CD ? Maybe that will describe it better ?

Am I even close to sounding like I know what I am talking about ?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
Re: Race Tuner help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 09:01:12 PM »

You should have a pdf file that came with the race tuner called, "race tuner cals", this is the key to what the numbered files are for. You can also load the file, click on edit and click on edit file comments. This comment filed describes what the file is for. Click on the attachment for more info.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 09:02:04 PM by mobe »
MObe

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 06:04:35 PM »

King,

I have the latest version of the software on my ftp server that I zipped up for HDMonster if you want the latest 4.50 let me know and I will set up and account for you to log onto the server and download the latest version with the 06 files included in it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 06:05:12 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 11:41:34 AM »

Hey Unbalanced,
I got the download off your server. Haven't had time to dig through it yet. I notice a lot more info than the version I have.

Thanks to both you and Mobe for the help.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 01:48:45 PM »

I don't see a map for the setup I am planning on using. I sent HDmaps an email to see if they have a map for the setup. Have not heard back from them.
I don't see 211 cams anywhere in the document. Do the cams make a big difference in these downloads ?

Can someone suggest what download I should use as a starting point ? From their maybe I should just get it dyno tuned ???
Suggestions please. :-/

set up will be,
04 seeg
V&H Pro Pipe
SE Air Cleaner
SE 211 cam

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:48:53 PM »

Thanks Unbalanced, downloaded the file. all of the files are now .mt6 files instead of.mt5 files, but it looks like the '05 and '06 use the same ecm.
MObe

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:25:08 PM »

Mobe,

There is no real map for this built into the race tuner for your config you will probably want to start with map 105HL025  this is for 1690 high output not the 1690 Super high output.  For 50 bucks if you can find a map on HDMaps by mmg I would say your getting super close and for an inexpensive price as dynoing goes.

I would rather you be rich than to lean to start.   I would also recommend after getting this map installed that you take it to a tuner to test it on a dyno to be sure that you are in no way hurting the bike in any fashion.

Glad you got it downloaded enjoy taking the site down in a day or 2 incase anyone else wants the latest racetuner software.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 02:28:15 PM »

When you want to install the software go to the directory called Tuning Mode_install and click on the file called setup.exe  this will install the tuner software for you on your computer

When you're done there go to acrobat folder and double click on the file in that folder it will install 5.0.5 of acrobat reader so you can read the PDF files on your CD.

Next having completed these 2 steps go to your CD and go to the directory called Docs
Double click on the file called OEM Calibration File Information it will tell you what each map included on the CD is for.

Any questions shoot me an email at tech_help@bellsouth.net or PM with your number and I will give you a call to help ya.

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 25 queries.