Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Wheel chock, Bike Pro, others  (Read 3418 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Wheel chock, Bike Pro, others
« on: November 22, 2005, 05:44:17 AM »

Does anyone have a bikepro wheel chock? Ive been looking at them for the trailer and the garage and would like to know if theres enough clearance that it doesnt hit the fender. It grabs the front tire and clamps down on it and I would think it might come pretty close to that lowered front fender. Anyone have any experience with one? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Wheel chock, Bike Pro, others
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:52:31 AM »

If you want to go to the best in chocks, take a look at the Condor.  I use the Pit Stop model in the trailer (easily removed for daily use in the shop) and the fixed model to replace the old style crank chock on my lift.  http://condor-lift.com/

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:35:08 AM »

If you want to go to the best in chocks, take a look at the Condor.  I use the Pit Stop model in the trailer (easily removed for daily use in the shop) and the fixed model to replace the old style crank chock on my lift.  http://condor-lift.com/

BLM777's right.  These things are the nuts!  I bought the trailer only model on his recommendation earlier this year and I couldn't be happier!  It makes securing the bike in the trailer mere child's play.  

There are no fender clearance issues, whatsoever, with the Condor.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:37:02 AM by 103tHunDer »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:38:04 AM »

We concur with BLM777.  We have two condor chocks.  Have used one once in the back of the truck to bring bike home from Alabama, but we use them a lot in the garage to work on the bikes.  You can do anything you want to the bike and the chock will not let go.  

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »

No problem with clearance of the fender with the Bike Pro either,I have the base and it works great.Used it in the trailer to bring my seeg home, they are solid. [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:30:22 PM »

No problem with clearance of the fender with the Bike Pro either,I have the base and it works great.Used it in the trailer to bring my seeg home, they are solid. [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I totally agree with you hdnut, The bikepro chock is a real pro at its job, and isnt as big a peice [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] No fender clearance issues at all (way plenty of room) 8-)
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 05:34:04 PM »

CVOwner,
I think I gave you this site before http://www.toyboxsales.com/wheelchocks.htm plus there less expensive [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »

I'm told you dont have to compress the shocks when its in the chock, just drive it on and tie down the back to stabilize it.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 09:19:37 PM »

I have BikePro, good unit, simple, well thought out. Condor, larger, cumbersome, bulky, over thought out. I tried them both, BikePro does same job, is CHROME and much simpler, whether in the trailer or on the floor in garage with the base. Oh, BikePro is cheaper, bought mine on Ebay from Dealer in Atlanta for $119 + $11 Postage, new in the box.
My 2/c.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 11:24:36 PM »

I've got two of the Bike Pros.  The one in the trailer has only ever been used hauling bikes that were bought/sold or broken; but it's been used that way a few times.  The one on the lift gets used pretty regularly just for parking duty.  

The Bike Pro works fine on the SEEG.  Easy on and off.  Nothing close to scraping.  The other unit no doubt does as well or our other brethren would be warning appropriately.  Probably can't go wrong either way.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »

I have BikePro, good unit, simple, well thought out. Condor, larger, cumbersome, bulky, over thought out. I tried them both, BikePro does same job, is CHROME and much simpler, whether in the trailer or on the floor in garage with the base. Oh, BikePro is cheaper, bought mine on Ebay from Dealer in Atlanta for $119 + $11 Postage, new in the box.
My 2/c.

Appreciate the definitive, conclusive review complete with exhaustive testing.  Thus far, your technical input has proved invaluable although a little tardy in saving us some money.  Guess I overlooked how well your chock really holds.  Last demonstration I saw was at Destination Daytona vendor’s display where the Fatboy resting in the chock took a spill on its' left side.  Yup, that front wheel was still firmly tied in the chock.  They just stood 'er back up and ready to go for the next demo.  Don’t you just hate wasting money on heavy duty, over-engineered products.
 :-/

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:21:18 AM »

Appreciate the definitive, conclusive review complete with exhaustive testing.  Thus far, your technical input has proved invaluable although a little tardy in saving us some money.  Guess I overlooked how well your chock really holds.  Last demonstration I saw was at Destination Daytona vendor’s display where the Fatboy resting in the chock took a spill on its' left side.  Yup, that front wheel was still firmly tied in the chock.  They just stood 'er back up and ready to go for the next demo.  Don’t you just hate wasting money on heavy duty, over-engineered products.
A demo like that can cost you some sales.   [smiley=oops.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 10:46:46 AM »

Holy crap, that's scary.  Did you get a chance to notice how it was setting before it took a dump Brian?  I've shaken the bike pretty hard while it's setting on mine just to see how stable things felt.  When the bike is in there straight it "feels" pretty solid.  Spyder's right though, that is an interesting sales technique !

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 11:09:49 AM »

Holy crap, that's scary.  Did you get a chance to notice how it was setting before it took a dump Brian?  I've shaken the bike pretty hard while it's setting on mine just to see how stable things felt.  When the bike is in there straight it "feels" pretty solid.  Spyder's right though, that is an interesting sales technique !

I got there in time for the picking up part, so I really don't know first hand what they were doing when it went down.  I did hear from one of the onlookers that they were demonstrating the showroom ability of the chock to allow people to sit on the bike one and two up to get a feel for the seating.  In my opinion, totally unsupported, is that they were simply overreaching the purpose for which the device was intended.  My pure guess is that the light weight and minimal footprint of the chock allowed an off-center condition to accomodate the law of gravity. Used with good common sense, I don't see a problem, with sense being the operative word.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »

Used with good common sense, I don't see a problem, with sense being the operative word.

Yes, but those without it do supply us a lot of humor.  Trouble too.  But everything is a trade-off.

Actually, for either of these type of unit there is one probably wholly unfounded concern I've had.  If they were used regularly I worry a bit about the repetitive flexing of the handlebars between the clamps as the bike is pulled off the chock.  If you're pulling the bike down for storage a one piece upper clamp will pretty much eliminate the problem.  But yanking the bike off the chock "pulls" the bars down between risers.  No support there.  

Probably me just being a worry wart.  But one handlebar that suddenly becomes two would surely suck like rocks in space.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.