Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garage Door Opener  (Read 1240 times)

wilberb

• Junior CVO Member
  • You only live once
Garage Door Opener
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:59:20 AM »

I finally got around to hooking up the garage door opener. It seems to work ok but now I have to be very close to the door to make the transmitters in my cars to work. Has anybody else had this same problem??
2005 FLHTCSE2 red
SE Air Cleaner/PCIII/D&D Fat Cat 2:1
2003 FXDX (Wife's)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Garage Door Opener
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:12:03 AM »

I finally got around to hooking up the garage door opener. It seems to work ok but now I have to be very close to the door to make the transmitters in my cars to work. Has anybody else had this same problem??
Yes, noticed the same thing.  Reduced the range on my regular car transmitters by at least 20-30 feet.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »

Found the same here. I called the garage door company and they told me to clear out the reciever and start over with the cars and bikes I now have. I did it and it is back to working fine. It seems every car I have traded is still recognized in the memory of the reciever and there were so many in its memory that it caused a problem.

wilberb

• Junior CVO Member
  • You only live once
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »

How do you clear out the memory?
2005 FLHTCSE2 red
SE Air Cleaner/PCIII/D&D Fat Cat 2:1
2003 FXDX (Wife's)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »

How do you clear out the memory?

I believe you have to Reprogram the Receiver and Transmitter by following the below listed steps.
I retyped this from FLHTCSE2 Service Manual

Program the Receiver and Transmitter
The receiver must be programmed to receive the transmitter frequency.  This process may require two people, depending on how far apart the receiver and transmitter are during the programming process.

1. Check that a red light is visible on the front of the Harley Davidson garage door opener receiver, indicating power to the receiver.

2. Press and hold the set button on the Harley Davidson garage door opener receiver.  The LED blinks continuously while the Set button is pressed.

3. Set the motorcycle ignition switch to IGN.  Switch the headlamp beam switch using one of these sequences:
a.  Starting from Low beam, switch High, then Low
b.  Starting from High beam, switch Low, then High

[highlight]NOTE[/highlight]
When the receiver receivers a signal from the transmitter, the LED on the transmitter turns off.

4.  Release the Set button on the receiver.

[highlight]Warning[/highlight]
Be sure that all lights and switches operate properly before operating motorcycle.  Low visibility of rider can result in death or serious injury. (00316a)

5.  Test the garage door opener, high beam, and low beam headlight operation.

[highlight]NOTE[/highlight]
When the transmitter is activated by toggling the headlamp switch, the red LED on the transmitter illuminates for one second to indicate that the transmitter is functioning correctly.

6.  Turn the motorcycle ignition switch off.

Hope this helps.

Ride Safe - Enjoy Each Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:46:32 PM by 05Rider »
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.