Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What color are 2019 Pa. inspection stickers?  (Read 1685 times)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
What color are 2019 Pa. inspection stickers?
« on: March 02, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

Tried google with no luck. Bored and wanted to take the old Honda for a little spin, but sticker is bad. Are they still green for this year? ... and ... Is it worse to get caught with an expired sticker or not have one on at all? I will peel it off if the color is different to not stick out like a sore thumb, but I guess that's considered tampering.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: What color are 2019 Pa. inspection stickers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »

Not sure about inspection process in your area but in Va. you can get inspection done at dealerships or gas stations with inspection station signs.
The easiest legal thing to do is to ride to an inspection station and get it done before your ride.
Otherwise ride like a super law abiding person and don't draw attention to yourself. You are right in that an expired sticker can draw some attention but on most bikes it is harder to spot and as far as which violation is worse it depends on the local courts......sometimes no difference in fines etc. other times a judge may give owner some leeway if they get expired inspection up to date and bring receipt of proof of re-inspection to court. With no inspection sticker on bike they may assume it's been a long time since inspected if ever and may lead to less leeway.....so if you choose to do the crime then you may have to pay the fine...to paraphrase Beretta... :huepfenlol2:

I don't know if PA. bike inspection stickers are different color from cars and trucks but a look at neighbor's cars may help or a drive by a local bike hangout will answer your question......
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:49:38 PM by VaEagle »

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »

Yeah, I know the right thing to do and where to go, but never fails .... the weather or roads are crap when I want to do it so here it sits. I guess it will just wait til another day, roads still crappy anyway. Just getting that itch and going stir crazy being couped -up all winter as usual. I know what will happen next nice day .... I'll probably get called back to work and won't have the time then.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

Tried google with no luck. Bored and wanted to take the old Honda for a little spin, but sticker is bad. Are they still green for this year? ... and ... Is it worse to get caught with an expired sticker or not have one on at all? I will peel it off if the color is different to not stick out like a sore thumb, but I guess that's considered tampering.

We all know, of course, that it is a violation of various state statutes, administrative codes, highway patrol regulations and certain edicts from GA (God Almighty) to remove state inspection stickers.  So, of course, we would never do that.  No matter how much of an eyesore they might be sticking out like a canker against our proud and shiny chrome.  However....

It is so terribly unfortunate that these stickers never seem to have the wherewithal to withstand even their first trip at highway speeds in a hard rain.  It is also oddly coincident how these often very localized showers can happen within just the first 24 hours (minutes?) of receiving the state inspection.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.