Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020  (Read 19069 times)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
Re: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »

My FLHXSE3 is looking pretty damn ugly these days as it sits in the garage waiting to be sent to the mainland to get the havoc caused by another dealer doing $8500 of shoddy warranty work. I am having trouble getting past the quality of the product and service.......it just ruins the bike for me!

I hope that it gets fixed.....and I can learn to love again!

Yeah, that's the hate part of the relationship. Once it's fixed you'll love it again til the next time it breaks. When you tire of the constant back/forth you can always switch brands ... I've done it many times, some of us are just gluttons for punishment. This is my 4th & last unless something ever changes with the MoCo .... which I highly doubt.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »

Deep water metallic Phillip? Doesn't look too bad. The chrome on the front with this color helps break up the phallic shape of the nose some. There's one of the red also and a shot of the Sandstone color. Also, I noticed how close the controls are to the tank at full lock. You'll never get your fingers in there. This bars need rolled forward a little. And also as posted either here or on the RG site, a shot of the inner fairing that resembles a Kareoke machine.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:58:47 PM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2019, 06:17:43 PM »

went and looked at one... no Sirius xm… and says a tour pac with audio would be around $3500. they also had one with apes,  ???  wasn't impressed enough to ride one but was told its fast  :o
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mark

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2019, 07:59:54 PM »

went and looked at one... no Sirius xm… and says a tour pac with audio would be around $3500. they also had one with apes,  ???  wasn't impressed enough to ride one but was told its fast  :o
I don't use Sirius, but why wouldn't you put Sirius on you phone and Bluetooth it to the bike?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »

I don't use Sirius, but why wouldn't you put Sirius on you phone and Bluetooth it to the bike?
Data usage on the phone vs air wave usage to the bike.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2019, 10:25:57 PM »

:pepper:  lets just say, that's not what makes it a deal breaker   :P    no heel shifter either and after 2 years you have to pay for NAV.... wtf
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:35:28 PM by fastfreddy »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2019, 06:13:18 AM »

:pepper:  lets just say, that's not what makes it a deal breaker   :P    no heel shifter either and after 2 years you have to pay for NAV.... wtf
HUH?? How do they do that send a signal to shut off your maps or what? That's messed up.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »

HUH?? How do they do that send a signal to shut off your maps or what? That's messed up.

It's a service through the HD App & is called HD Connect.  First year is free then $12/month. Does all sorts of stuff like bug you about when you need service, probably has a whole sections on recalls since that's one way HD service depts. stay in business these days, has a stolen bike GPS tracker, and other gee golly whiz bang features that HD says are worth $12/month.  Not sure if GPS stops working or not?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2019, 08:54:25 AM »

If you are speaking to the Challenger Fred, yep...no Sirius but that's on any of their bikes.  My '18 doesn't have it either.  While I did let the subscription run out on my '15 SERGU, it was a nice feature to have when they ran free times.  I asked the dealer and sent an email to Indian customer service asking why and if they ever considered an add-on for those that like the sat. radio.  Both stated they didn't see a need as most do use their mobile devices to stream music including Sirius so they focused on making the connection from phone to radio better for such.

I don't stream because I only have 2 gig data to use each month spread over three phones...I'd use it quickly streaming as Mark noted above.

The heal shifter is a $100 add-on and takes a minute or two to install....one of the few items I added to Cochise.  I miss the heal shifter when it's not there.

I like the new Chieftain but not enough to trade.  It has everything you would want and more in a touring bike/bagger/semi-sport bike.  It sits really nice in the showroom but I haven't ridden one yet.  I did note that they moved the catalyst from the side of the bike to the cross-over behind the motor, under the bike.  I'm guessing the liquid cooling and moving the cat will have a great impact on heat reduction...a plus for Indian and something the MoCo should adopt.

Coming from the '15 SERGU, the screen/gauge layout is very nice.  For my short 5'6" self, the reach to the radio seems not as bad as it was on the HD.  I used the handlebar controls almost exclusively on the RG due to the reach.  The bike sits really good.  Stock, it's like you are sitting in it and part of it, not sitting on it.  I did get to start the only one at the K'ville dealer and it has a nice sound for stock.  I perused the entire bike and while there, a couple guys on RG's pulled up.  They came in and were looking.  I warned them not to sit on it 'cause they may like it.  One guy did and his reaction to me was "wow".  That's one opinion out of millions but it meant something.  That guy had 70K on his '15 RG and as much or more on his '09 (I know him from the g'vment sites).  Again, not everyone will have that reaction due to the fact it ain't no Harley... ;D

It's not for everyone...just like an all white bike or a no chrome bike or a crotch rocket or a lazy-boy on wheels ain't for everyone.  I do believe, however, In-Po has produced a very good motorcycle in the Chieftain and it will be a good addition to the Indian offerings.

I do look forward to riding one... :2vrolijk_21:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »

It's a service through the HD App & is called HD Connect.  First year is free then $12/month. Does all sorts of stuff like bug you about when you need service, probably has a whole sections on recalls since that's one way HD service depts. stay in business these days, has a stolen bike GPS tracker, and other gee golly whiz bang features that HD says are worth $12/month.  Not sure if GPS stops working or not?
I thought He was talking about the Challenger only having two years of free Navigation.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »

oops  :nixweiss:   bad information about the navigation, I was wrong or misunderstood  the sales man

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2019, 10:38:00 PM »

I thought He was talking about the Challenger only having two years of free Navigation.

Thanks.  My alltimers kicks in more these days now that I am retirded.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2019, 10:55:39 PM »

I think the 2 years free refers to the weather and traffic overlay on the gps, not the nav itself.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2019, 06:29:34 AM »

I think the 2 years free refers to the weather and traffic overlay on the gps, not the nav itself.
I'd settle for that. Beats the 3 months we used to get. ::)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2019, 07:52:05 AM »

Biggest reason for me wanting Sirius/XM on a bike, is out west you can go for miles with no cell service, even with Verizon that claims service everywhere.  Heck, lots of areas in and around the Smokies where I live have poor cell service.

Next is data usage.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.