Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 3680 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Super Bowl
« on: February 12, 2024, 06:59:51 AM »

It was nice this years game was not a blow out.  I was glad KC won.  I really didn't have a team in it.  However 49ers beat my Lions so I wanted them to loose.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:20:36 AM »

You're right Dave, nice to see a close competitive game. I too really didn't have a dog in this hunt. Not being a Chiefs or 49ers fan. I guess I was kinda pulling for the 49ers because of being a Joe Montana fan, oh well.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 09:47:46 AM »

Not a fan of either team but it was a great game except for all the Taylor Swift chit.....

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:55:17 AM »

Not a fan of either team but it was a great game except for all the Taylor Swift chit.....
Yeah you know I'm with you I am so over the Taylor Swift crap and the Travis Kelsey show I'm like I'm done.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 12:52:54 PM »

There was a game on?

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 02:03:58 PM »

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcie didn’t bother me anymore than Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe, Frank Gifford and Kathy Lee, Lance Rentzal and Joey Heatherton, or Jimmy Connors and Patty McGuire. However Joe Theismann and Kathy Lee Crosby pissed me off as Joes wife Sherry caught them together on the eve of SB 18. Theismann went on to have a horrible game and the Skins lost to the Raiders. Folks get twisted for the silliest reasons.

I thought it was an excellent game. I feel bad for SF but have to say that Patrick Mahomes has fully cemented himself on the mantle of greatness. During that final drive he willed the team down the field. He was NEVER thinking field goal, only touchdown.

To carry it to extremes, one day you can say you lived in the time of Patrick Mahomes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:24:27 PM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 07:54:41 AM »

Funny with all the complaining about Taylor Swift, it didn't really bother me.  I'm 100% positive it doesn't both the NFL or the Chiefs Franchise.  By most reports Taylor has generated an additional 331 million in revenue for the Chiefs.  She has also generated additional income for the NFL, and brought in viewers they didn't have.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 08:19:35 AM »

Funny with all the complaining about Taylor Swift, it didn't really bother me.  I'm 100% positive it doesn't both the NFL or the Chiefs Franchise.  By most reports Taylor has generated an additional 331 million in revenue for the Chiefs.  She has also generated additional income for the NFL, and brought in viewers they didn't have.
Oh good lord yes, Taylor Swift is a living, breathing, walking singing and entertaining money machine. She makes more money just waking up to have coffee than I make in a year. I'm sure she has generated piles of revenue for the Chiefs and related industries.

Here's the thing,  I could care less who any professional athlete dates or marries.....make no difference to me at all. But in saying that when I decide to tune in and watch a sporting event of any kind I have NO desire to have a camera pan the reaction of a wife or girlfriend after each play. Yes of course the networks show a mom and dad reactions after a particularly good or bad play. Same with a wife or girlfriend. But 5 or 6 or 7 plus times a game gets old IMHO.

For example for my personal preference,  after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

Again I could care less about Taylor Swift  or who she dates.....but I also have no desire to see her reactions numerous times during a game. It adds nothing to my personal game enjoyment.......I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 08:46:09 AM »

after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

They do that. In fact there are so many cameras they can show it from six different angles. And the cut away shots take what, 2.5 seconds?

This is no different than having a camera on Archie and Olivia Manning to catch their reaction when one of their sons made a big play. We had the same thing going on with a camera on Mike Shanahan or Ed McCaffery to catch their reactions when Kyle or Christian does something.

And like you said alll of it drives up interest for the league which drives up income.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 11:47:38 AM »

But 5 or 6 or 7 plus times a game gets old IMHO.

For example for my personal preference,  after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

Again I could care less about Taylor Swift  or who she dates.....but I also have no desire to see her reactions numerous times during a game. It adds nothing to my personal game enjoyment.......I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

X2
I counted 16 times.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 11:47:38 AM »

I consider Patrick Mahomes one of if not THE best athletes to ever play football, and was so glad they won.

Now let's see the Chiefs 3-peat!   :2vrolijk_21:

ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »

rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

I counted 16 times.

I hear what you're saying here.  We can blame all that on technology. "Back in the day" the TV Cameras were vacuum tube huge things mounted on golf carts or up in the TV boxes.  All They did was follow the action with one camera designated for cut away shots of fans and cheerleaders. I know you remember the shots, the standard cut away shots were the "cheerleaders, pretty girl in the stands, the child all dressed in team colors or the shirtless fat guy drinking cold beer".  But as the league grew in revenue and cameras became smaller, lighter, portable and digital more and more cameras on the field was the norm.

And then there's the issue of the playback.  Everyone of these cameras has a playback guy in the studio/truck whose sole job is to rewind or back up the action for replay.  This takes time, maybe 3 seconds for something immediate, or 7-10 for specific action like a foot placement or ball coming out fumble. The dilemma is what to do in those 3-7 seconds (which is a life time for live TV) of rewind time.  So this is where the cut away shots are.

So in essence a single play can go like this.

1. Live action covers an interception with run back and a penalty on the play.  This is what we see live.

2. Cut away action shows fan reaction, coach reaction, player reaction, family reaction and Taylor Swift.  This is what we see live while video of the previous play is being cued up.  What hear is the TV analyst (Tony Romo) give his spiel on the pass, the referee analyst (Gene Steratore) give his spiel on the penalty. all while we are looking at Coach Reid, Coach Shanahan, and all the cut aways.

3. Specific video of the infraction is found. It is replayed enhanced with zooms, telestrator marks and highlights.  Everyone talks about this while we go back and forth between the video and cut aways.

4. Referee call is announced live on camera.  We see and hear this.

5. Cut aways of coaches and players as we hear the analysts guess what the next play will be based on the penalty.

6. Live action as they break the huddle and line up.

Now remember all of this happens in less time then it takes for you to get another slice of pizza or go to the bathroom.

Go back and watch a MNF game from 1970 on Youtube.  Compared to today it moves along at glacier speed, the views are limited and so is everything else.

In addition to all the technological advances, I think the league sees the viewers as ADHD kids where the game is a pinball machine with lots of action, bells and whistles to keep them entertained. This all started to change after SB-V when the Colts beat the Cowboys 16-13.  It was low scoring a tough defensive game.  Low scoring doesn't sell jackets and jerseys.  So the next year the league passed rules in defense coverage that opened up the passing game to make it more exciting.

Anyway that's how I see it.
I could be wrong.

Wow, you counted 16 cutaways of Taylor Swift.  You could become an NFL Statistician!

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 12:16:47 PM »

But 5 or 6 or 7 plus times a game gets old IMHO.

X2
I counted 16 times.
Holy crap 16....

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 12:20:33 PM »

I hear what you're saying here.  We can blame all that on technology. "Back in the day" the TV Cameras were vacuum tube huge things mounted on golf carts or up in the TV boxes.  All They did was follow the action with one camera designated for cut away shots of fans and cheerleaders. I know you remember the shots, the standard cut away shots were the "cheerleaders, pretty girl in the stands, the child all dressed in team colors or the shirtless fat guy drinking cold beer".  But as the league grew in revenue and cameras became smaller, lighter, portable and digital more and more cameras on the field was the norm.

And then there's the issue of the playback.  Everyone of these cameras has a playback guy in the studio/truck whose sole job is to rewind or back up the action for replay.  This takes time, maybe 3 seconds for something immediate, or 7-10 for specific action like a foot placement or ball coming out fumble. The dilemma is what to do in those 3-7 seconds (which is a life time for live TV) of rewind time.  So this is where the cut away shots are.

So in essence a single play can go like this.

1. Live action covers an interception with run back and a penalty on the play.  This is what we see live.

2. Cut away action shows fan reaction, coach reaction, player reaction, family reaction and Taylor Swift.  This is what we see live while video of the previous play is being cued up.  What hear is the TV analyst (Tony Romo) give his spiel on the pass, the referee analyst (Gene Steratore) give his spiel on the penalty. all while we are looking at Coach Reid, Coach Shanahan, and all the cut aways.

3. Specific video of the infraction is found. It is replayed enhanced with zooms, telestrator marks and highlights.  Everyone talks about this while we go back and forth between the video and cut aways.

4. Referee call is announced live on camera.  We see and hear this.

5. Cut aways of coaches and players as we hear the analysts guess what the next play will be based on the penalty.

6. Live action as they break the huddle and line up.

Now remember all of this happens in less time then it takes for you to get another slice of pizza or go to the bathroom.

Go back and watch a MNF game from 1970 on Youtube.  Compared to today it moves along at glacier speed, the views are limited and so is everything else.

In addition to all the technological advances, I think the league sees the viewers as ADHD kids where the game is a pinball machine with lots of action, bells and whistles to keep them entertained. This all started to change after SB-V when the Colts beat the Cowboys 16-13.  It was low scoring a tough defensive game.  Low scoring doesn't sell jackets and jerseys.  So the next year the league passed rules in defense coverage that opened up the passing game to make it more exciting.

Anyway that's how I see it.
I could be wrong.

Wow, you counted 16 cutaways of Taylor Swift.  You could become an NFL Statistician!
Dude that's some serious TV game broadcast breakdown. Well done. Yeah I enjoy watching some old games on YouTube and you are 100% correct they move very slow compared to today.

This year I took my wife to the Dolphins Raiders game and she asked me why are they standing around why aren't they not running another play? I said they have to get all the commercials squeezed in it's all controlled by the TV timeline.

djnaldo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 01:40:45 PM »

I enjoyed looking at Blake Lively more than Taylor Swift.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 02:33:25 PM »

I enjoyed looking at Blake Lively more than Taylor Swift.

Someone did a breakdown and came up with only 54 seconds of Taylor Swift on camera.  Yet people complain like they were having to sit through a 15 min sermon in church on Sunday or an evening of politicians debating.  It was just 54 seconds out of your life.

Blake Lively is nice to look at too.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 03:06:11 PM »

This year I took my wife to the Dolphins Raiders game and she asked me why are they standing around why aren't they not running another play? I said they have to get all the commercials squeezed in it's all controlled by the TV timeline.

If you don't mind me asking, which stadium and how much were the tickets?  The last time I paid to see a game was 1995 Redskins at Rams in Anaheim, CA.  I don't remember the ticket prices but I know it didn't cost me a kidney.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 03:45:38 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, which stadium and how much were the tickets?  The last time I paid to see a game was 1995 Redskins at Rams in Anaheim, CA.  I don't remember the ticket prices but I know it didn't cost me a kidney.
I live in south Florida so it was Hard Rock Stadium I call it Dolphin stadium. The face value of the tickets were $ 75.00 each. I didn't pay that. A good friend got the tickets through some kind of deal. Anyway I paid half the face value. Plus $20.00 for parking. The seats were in the upper deck about 3 rows up along the 45 yard line.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2024, 10:40:13 PM »

I live in south Florida so it was Hard Rock Stadium I call it Dolphin stadium. The face value of the tickets were $ 75.00 each. I didn't pay that. A good friend got the tickets through some kind of deal. Anyway I paid half the face value. Plus $20.00 for parking. The seats were in the upper deck about 3 rows up along the 45 yard line.

That's pretty good pricing, especially the parking.  I'm sure the beer and hotdogs were expensive.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 08:03:06 AM »

Looking at news articles about how many cutaways to Taylor Swift you get varying number of times, 11, 12 and 17.

You can not blame the NFL for doing the cutaways to Taylor.  It brings them revenue, lots of it.  It increased their viewership of young women significantly.  The NFL goal is to make money.  It cost the NFL next to nothing for this increase in Revenue and viewer ship, this is like free advertising for them.

Taylor Swift has generated 331 million in Revenue for the Chiefs.  Chiefs are also all about making money.  This cost them nothing.  Really getting a two for with Brittany Mahomes wife in the cutaway.  Her husband is the Super Star.

I am not a fan of the cutaways to Taylor Swift.  I do completely understand why its done.  It did not hurt the game for me.  I enjoyed the game, as did the 5 other couples we were watching it with.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 11:23:42 AM »

Taylor Swift has generated 331 million in Revenue for the Chiefs.  Chiefs are also all about making money.  This cost them nothing.  Really getting a two for with Brittany Mahomes wife in the cutaway.  Her husband is the Super Star.

I am not a fan of the cutaways to Taylor Swift.  I do completely understand why its done.  It did not hurt the game for me.  I enjoyed the game, as did the 5 other couples we were watching it with.

It's not just the Chiefs, the NFL is all about making money and if the exposure of a mega-pop star helps them rake in the cash, of course they'll do it.

And Taylor Swift brings the NFL something else, wanted attention.  This is way different than all the unwanted attention brought on by "deflate gate" (Brady accused of changing the air pressure inside football to help with passing), "Spy gate" (Belichick caught recording the opposing team play calling on specific down and distance situations), Ray Carrueth (murdered his then pregnant girlfriend), Aaron Hernandez (found guilty of murder, killed self in prison) and of course O.J. Simpson.     

This is nothing new.  Turning back the clock let's look at Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe.  He was a baseball superstar known in every household across America.  She was an international Super Star.  She was known to America and all over the world.  Their pairing brought paparazzi (old world tabloid social media) who followed them everywhere including USO tours in Korea.  This attention brought the Yankees and MLB attention and revenue.

And yes, Patrick Mahomes is a Super Star who takes it all to another level.  It's a real pleasure watching him do what he does best. I don't think I'm too far off the mark to suggest his name will work it's way into the lexicon of our lives.  A huge task at work is known as "Herculean" after the demigod Hercules.  Setting a baseball record is known as "Ruthian" after Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat.  It won't be long before we speak of things as being "Mahomesian".

But I could be wrong.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 08:37:24 PM »

The Taylor Swift Effect worked. Look, we're in here keeping her relevant. :D

Media: mission accomplished.

I don't think her being shown was as dramatic or anger inducing as people make it out to be.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 20 queries.