Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Satellite Radio on 2012 SERG?  (Read 2819 times)

RGMax

Satellite Radio on 2012 SERG?
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

The Dealer is telling me I cant get Satellite Radio on my '12 CVO Road Glide? What gives? I looked up Part #76404-6 (SiriusXM Satellite Kit) and it says it fits '06-later Touring models except FLTRXSE.....So, how do I get Satellite Radio? If I get the Zumo665 will the Satellite Radio run through my speakers or only a blue tooth device? Thanks for your help....

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Satellite Radio on 2012 SERG?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:47:53 PM »

You can install satellite radio but it requires installation of an HD Ultra wiring harness.  I did it on my '09 SERG.  It may be easier to go the Zumo route.  It's will play through the speakers if you connect it to the aux input on the radio face. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RGMax

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »

Thanks!

jonsack

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

Has anyone actually installed the Harmon Kardon satellite radio on the 2012 SERG? I tried to do it, bought the non ultra overlay harness but could not find the interconnect plug anywhere under the fairing to finish the installation.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

Has anyone actually installed the Harmon Kardon satellite radio on the 2012 SERG? I tried to do it, bought the non ultra overlay harness but could not find the interconnect plug anywhere under the fairing to finish the installation.

Just a quess, but HD may have left out the 6B connector like they started doing on the 2011 and later SESG's. Do a search for XM radio install on SESG and you will find wiring diagrams on how to add the connector and install the XM module.

jcd520

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »

Believe me , it can be done. Did it on my FlHXSE2 and it says can't be done there too. Many others on this site have done it as well, just have to find a dealer that knows how and is willing to add the missing connectors. It only takes a few minutes when they know how.

jonsack

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18:40 AM »

Thanks guys. It looks like the 6b plug has been left of the main harness on the CVO RG. Its easy enough to splice the 4 wires from the overlay harness into the connector that plugs into the back of the radio that is no longer used when the overlay harness is installed....... unless someone knows of a better solution? I could not find the thread on the street glide installation mentioned above. I will take the fairing off and have a go at the splicing solution this weekend and post some pics and let you know how it goes.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »

Thanks guys. It looks like the 6b plug has been left of the main harness on the CVO RG. Its easy enough to splice the 4 wires from the overlay harness into the connector that plugs into the back of the radio that is no longer used when the overlay harness is installed....... unless someone knows of a better solution? I could not find the thread on the street glide installation mentioned above. I will take the fairing off and have a go at the splicing solution this weekend and post some pics and let you know how it goes.

See if this helps

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56934.0

jonsack

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »

That says it all! Thanks MJB765.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.