Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
ACR
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

How do you know if you have a problem with the ACR's?   Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: ACR
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »

They put a gauge on each cylinder and checked cranking compression on my bike.   It should be between 155- 170 if the compression releases are working on a stock 110 motor with 255' cams.  normal cranking is 210-220 without compression releases.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: ACR
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »

How do you know if you have a problem with the ACR's?   Billy

There must be a good punchline to this somewhere.  Sorry, in my twisted mind I picture a stand up comic delivering this question....

Anyway....  The ACR's, if there is a problem, can either be stuck open or closed.  If they are stuck open, you'll get no compression and the bike won't start.  If they are stuck closed your starter will struggle to overcome the high compression and you will no longer be able to hear the sound the ACR's make when the engine fires.  On warm days with a cold engine your starter may do fine.  It may labor on a warm start or on cold days.  I don't know how the ACRs work in conjunction with the ECM.  There may be a code stored also.

OK, here is the joke answer...  "Your neighbor's daughter is pregnant, there's a 20 missing from your wallet and there are three messages on your answering machine from the truant officer..."
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.