Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: HD Engine Guard fog lights install  (Read 16311 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HD Engine Guard fog lights install
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 02:46:22 AM »

Really... and the North Koreans and the Iranians are just trying to make electricity. ;D
I am done with this.
KickStand

Now that was erudi.... erdurit..... airudite.... wait, I'll get it, erudite.  Nope, I was wrong.  It was just smart ass.  But V got her first notch on the grips.

KickStand

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 02:47:03 PM »

Well after all is said and done this has been one hijacked thread... I know now this ain't the place for answers.
I may have been wise arse, but V-Girl tries to make disparaging comment, then backs off and claims to want to
know how they look along with commenting about windscreens which all has nothing to do with the thread. Adding
to all this nonsense is a couple of guys sniffing the ground with one claiming V-Girl can add a couple notches
to hand grips.
KickStand
BTW the engine guard that was posted will only fit the Street Rod.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »

Picture of mine with engine guard and fog lights installed....for me it looks like fine!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 03:21:03 PM »

Kickstand......Another pic... [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Picture of mine with engine guard and fog lights installed....for me it looks like fine!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JE, looks great thanks for an actual pic of the install.

Do you have the fogs wired with the low beam as is legal or with high and low?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:24:02 PM by Rjob749 »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »

It is a huge peice of chrome, what is not to like?   looks great [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »

Kickstand, I'm not sure what I did to tick you off, but I obviously did something.  I don't really know how either, considering you've only made 15 posts at the time of my reply to you.  I was not saying it was a bad idea or that I didn't like it or whatever you think.  I personally installed my engine guard on my Sportster.  The instructions were non-existent with that guard.  I took a photo with my camera phone and with the help of MYCVO and another guy (who just happened to be affiliated with my uncle's m/c in Tallahassee) from a Sportster forum, and email, I was able to figure it out.  See the thing with women is that sometimes we actually ask questions just out of curiosity!  

Let me rewrite my reply so it's clear...

"Wow!  They make an engine guard for the Vrod??  I would have never guessed that considering it's Harley's answer to a crotch rocket and I have never seen a crotch rocket with an engine guard.  Hmmmm...I wonder what that looks like!!  And where would you mount it?  The frame does not look like it's possible!!"  

NOW, you know why WOMEN use 100 words to say what a men use 10 words to say (borrowed from another thread) because if we don't, the meaning is misinterpreted!!  I already have to rewrite half of my posts to make sure someone doesn't read between the lines ( or the punctuation, the empty space, the smilies, the color, size or style of font, etc, etc) to get more out of it than I intended!  Guess now, I can't abbreviate, use sentence fragments, or less than 100 words without coming across as a b!t(h.  I think it's becoming obvious that more than a few guys have a problem with me on this site.  I think I'll go back to the Vrod forum.

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 03:58:50 PM »

jegomez,

Thanks for the pics.  The thing I don't like about the Vrod is the lack of light!  After riding with JCZ and AK in the rain at night, I realized how bad the headlight really is!  Does the foglights help?  Any other mounting option for them?  Are you aware of any other lighting option other than foglights?  If you do, will you PM me?  Thanks!

BTW, NICE BIKE!!!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Same model as mine!!  Like the duals too.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:06:01 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »

JE, looks great thanks for an actual pic of the install.

Do you have the fogs wired with the low beam as is legal or with high and low?

Thanks my buddy.....They are on all the time......with low or high beam... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »

It is a huge peice of chrome, what is not to like?   looks great [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks Mrs. WeCVO...... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »

Kickstand, I'm not sure what I did to tick you off, but I obviously did something.  I don't really know how either, considering you've only made 15 posts at the time of my reply to you.  I was not saying it was a bad idea or that I didn't like it or whatever you think.  I personally installed my engine guard on my Sportster.  The instructions were non-existent with that guard.  I took a photo with my camera phone and with the help of MYCVO and another guy (who just happened to be affiliated with my uncle's m/c in Tallahassee) from a Sportster forum, and email, I was able to figure it out.  See the thing with women is that sometimes we actually ask questions just out of curiosity!  

Let me rewrite my reply so it's clear...

"Wow!  They make an engine guard for the Vrod??  I would have never guessed that considering it's Harley's answer to a crotch rocket and I have never seen a crotch rocket with an engine guard.  Hmmmm...I wonder what that looks like!!  And where would you mount it?  The frame does not look like it's possible!!"  

NOW, you know why WOMEN use 100 words to say what a men use 10 words to say (borrowed from another thread) because if we don't, the meaning is misinterpreted!!  I already have to rewrite half of my posts to make sure someone doesn't read between the lines ( or the punctuation, the empty space, the smilies, the color, size or style of font, etc, etc) to get more out of it than I intended!  Guess now, I can't abbreviate, use sentence fragments, or less than 100 words without coming across as a b!t(h.  I think it's becoming obvious that more than a few guys have a problem with me on this site.  I think I'll go back to the Vrod forum.

Please don't go..........by "Chicago" :'(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:28:48 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 08:37:29 PM »

jegomez,

Thanks for the pics.  The thing I don't like about the Vrod is the lack of light!  After riding with JCZ and AK in the rain at night, I realized how bad the headlight really is!  Does the foglights help?  Any other mounting option for them?  Are you aware of any other lighting option other than foglights?  If you do, will you PM me?  Thanks!

BTW, NICE BIKE!!!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Same model as mine!!  Like the duals too.  

Thanks Vgirl......and you are right the VROD has the lack of light and let me tell you that the fog lights help a lot.....I am not a night rider but my personal opinion is that it helps to be visible to the cages......in other words, it replaces the function of the spot lights in the dressers.....I installed (BTW I did myself, is EZ) the engine guards more for safety than the looks.....and again I don't ride her a lot...it only has 3435 miles......I used to ride the CUSE.......I am attaching a pic 3 days after I received the bike (it didn't have the options installed) in the ProPlayers Stadium in Miami in the intermission of the Dolphins-Jets game. That was with Ft Lauderdale HOG and 20 guys went from the tunnel with one cheerleader in the back seat, they got off, went to the field for the show, they cameback, rode again in the bike and get back to the tunnel........ [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:39:22 PM by jegomez »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 04:16:11 AM »

I think it's becoming obvious that more than a few guys have a problem with me on this site.  I think I'll go back to the Vrod forum.

V, say it ain't so.  Don't go.  

By the way did you ever get the Pink hat?

KickStand

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 09:44:11 AM »

I am installing HD's engine guard fog lights. The wire diagram has you connecting wire (red) coming off the switch to the low beam yellow wire so that the fogs are only on with the low beams. I want to be able to have the fogs on with both hi and low beams. I want the fogs controlled by the ignition like the headlights and running lights. The wire (red) coming off the switch gets connected to what? Is this at all possible?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Thanks
KickStand

This was the orginal post, did I miss something [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  
KickStand

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »

V-Girl leave, while umm....."others" stay???

What a shame it would be to trade long term class for a newbie ass.

2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 24 queries.