Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tank bag ???  (Read 3517 times)

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
tank bag ???
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »

Just curious, is anybody running a tank bag on your FXDSE ?

If you have one that you are happy with and seems to be a good fit to run occasionally , please post the item info. , and a pic would be great too ! Thank You

:cucumber:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: tank bag ???
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »

There are just so many other ways to carry items on a HD that a tank bag is not that common. Sport bikes, not so many different ways. With that said I like one on a Sport Bike as it gives me something to lean on. On a HD FX series bike it would be nice to have stuff at your fingertips like we do with our Baggers.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

imagine that !

:jalapeno:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

I have been using this bag for the past 3 years and it is great !!!  :2vrolijk_21: 

Not to expensive about $40 on ebay, the middle compartment has a clear plastic window allowing you to see your phone and/or ipod enough room to hold you wallet, keys, etc...   

TANK BAG - (Magnetic) for motorcycles from DAYTONA GEAR

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=TANK+BAG+-+%28Magnetic%29+for+motorcycles+from+DAYTONA+GEAR&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »

I have been using this bag for the past 3 years and it is great !!!  :2vrolijk_21:  

Not to expensive about $40 on ebay, the middle compartment has a clear plastic window allowing you to see your phone and/or ipod enough room to hold you wallet, keys, etc...  

TANK BAG - (Magnetic) for motorcycles from DAYTONA GEAR

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=TANK+BAG+-+%28Magnetic%29+for+motorcycles+from+DAYTONA+GEAR&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Thanks for the reply, that is a cool bag, never seen one like it, believe I'll order one for general around town.

I would also like to find a nice larger one, that rides good on an FXDSE, that would hold a change of clothes and an insurance policy w/extra magazines .

:jalapeno:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:37:21 PM by Shovelhead »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

These guys may have what you are looking for:

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id191.html

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.