Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2020 CVO opinion  (Read 13675 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2020 CVO opinion
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »

I think I'd like to see the MoCo declare a moratorium on new models while they work (hire outside experts) to resolve the many long-standing issues that have plagued their bikes for the past decade (or at least since the RushedMore bikes came out).  Fix the current bikes, then start out with a clean sheet of paper going forward.  OR, just continue pumping out whatever it is they pump out these days and hope younger folks suddenly throw away their phones and video games while embracing overpriced low quality motorcycles instead.  They could also try to figure out how they can replace the huge profits they reaped from Boomers when they have to rely on sales of small bikes to the Indians and Chinese while trying to compete with Honda.

Jerry
Jerry; I totally get where you are coming from.

First time since 1989 that I've been without a Harley. Purchased 12 new ones over the years including a CVO. Hope to buy one again if/when the motor company starts building a competitive offering. 

Not going into what I'm now riding, it's a bike I really enjoy. That said, I'll always have a place in my heart for Harleys, simply can no longer deal with paying top dollar for a sub par owner experience.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »

I forgot to mention, I stopped into one of the larger dealers in the MKE area about 2 month or so ago.
One of the sales guys and I were talking about market conditions, and he stated that HD was starting to
discontinue slow selling models!!! He said a few Sporties, one or two Softtails, and I think the Limited Low!

They may finally understand? :drummer:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:34:57 AM by tazmun »
The "TAZMUN"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »

"the sales guys... stated"

Those haven't ever been words that brought comfort or trust.  ;)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 03:26:45 PM »

Not a 2020 HD spy shot but should be.....
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »

Still rooting for the FLUTILSE (CVO Servicar).

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:47 PM »

This guy has been selling HD at the same dealer for over 19 years! Very respected person!
The "TAZMUN"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 08:45:10 AM »

I forgot to mention, I stopped into one of the larger dealers in the MKE area about 2 month or so ago.
One of the sales guys and I were talking about market conditions, and he stated that HD was starting to
discontinue slow selling models!!! He said a few Sporties, one or two Softtails, and I think the Limited Low!

They may finally understand? :drummer:

Eventually even the people in Milwaukee have to come out of their cocoon and look at reality.  We are seeing some painful shifts being made in other vehicle operations due to rapidly changing consumer preferences as well as competitive economics, such as American auto makers killing off passenger car models and shifting to almost total reliance on trucks and SUV's/CUV's.  At some point even the hardest of hard heads has to figure out that continuing to make stuff that doesn't sell very well and doesn't make a profit is a fools game.  As the older crowd that helped Harley survive and prosper over the past three decades fades into the sunset, they can no longer sell enough of the overpriced stuff to make up for the losses from the other model lines.  We've already seen the demise of many models, it won't surprise me to see more slow sellers discontinued.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »

120 c i  motor coming soon ,... and adding 4 k to the price tag :drink:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 08:11:33 PM »

120 c i  motor coming soon ,... and adding 4 k to the price tag :drink:
New frame and suspension is long overdue. Harley must make major improvements to the touring line in 2020 to compete. Right now they are not competitive.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

mturner2003

• OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »

I'm a simple guy. I don't get emotionally involved with my decisions. The price of the CVO doesn't concern me but I'm not loaded either. I can simply "afford it". I choose to buy CVO's because (and here is the main point why most buy them) I like them over the standard models and I'm willing to pay the up charge on that.

That being said, I am waiting for the 2020 to upgrade from my '16 because I didn't like the colors this year. They look good, no doubt. But, the color combos did not suit my taste. I really liked the Mako Shark Fade on the RG but wasn't really that impressed to be losing lower fairings, heated grips and a higher price tag over my current or newer SG.

I'm not a boomer, nor am I a millennial, so I enjoy the overall traditional look but do want it to be updated with a modern lines and features. Which, I think the company is currently doing and doing well.

The only thing I wish I could do is custom order my CVO. I can't count how many times I would have purchased a bike simply because of the paint but did not like the engine color. Or, visa versa.

I'm just not too sure why some folks get upset about their experiences with Harley's or in what direction the company is going or not going. I've never had a problem with any Harley I have ever owned. Are their other companies that produce better motorcycles? Maybe. Opinions vary. Which, brings me back to my main point, I will continue to buy Harley Davidson. I will continue to buy CVO's... because I like them.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 10:56:20 AM »

Eventually even the people in Milwaukee have to come out of their cocoon and look at reality.  We are seeing some painful shifts being made in other vehicle operations due to rapidly changing consumer preferences as well as competitive economics, such as American auto makers killing off passenger car models and shifting to almost total reliance on trucks and SUV's/CUV's.  At some point even the hardest of hard heads has to figure out that continuing to make stuff that doesn't sell very well and doesn't make a profit is a fools game.  As the older crowd that helped Harley survive and prosper over the past three decades fades into the sunset, they can no longer sell enough of the overpriced stuff to make up for the losses from the other model lines.  We've already seen the demise of many models, it won't surprise me to see more slow sellers discontinued.

Jerry
Someone forgot to tell the foreign automakers that the US market for small cars is dwindling as I still see tons of new ones (foriegn) running around all over the place.  Maybe the US buyer just didn't like anything the "US" manufacturers are putting out there. Very similar to HD, build more expensive models and hope they sell.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »

The M8 cases were designed to accommodate up to 130 cubes according to MoCo reps. Hopefully they start bumping up the displacement to attract buyers.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 25 queries.