Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Love Jugs Cooling System  (Read 4322 times)

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
Re: Love Jugs Cooling System
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »

I stopped by the Love Jugs booth today that they had set up in Peoria, AZ as a part of AZ bike week. I thought that the mighty mite looks just like my Wards Fans.

I wasn't aware of the "patent" that they used to flat out copy Wards Fans and I guess basically ruin him out of business. B.S. move as far as I am concerned and seems to me they copied Diamond Cutting as their model for getting rid of the competition.

Jason was a good guy and he even has brought parts to my house for me. Sad to see him to go.   

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 01:54:11 PM »

I have the Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans on my bike. I originally wanted Wards fans because they offered a granite finish that would blend in with the motor better. Unfortunately by the time I wanted the fans, they were out of business. I ended up just painting the Mighty Mite fans a granite finish and it all worked out. I decided to get them since I had the compression bumped up on my bike during a 117 build, and have lowers with speakers that block some flow to that rear head. I'm a longer distance rider and its been nice having them for peace of mind in certain situations.

They have been on since September but I have not done any kind of quantitative testing to say my oil temps were "X" and now they are "Y". A few observations, though:

On warmer days where I've been running the bike hard for a long time, I no longer have those "hard" starts after stopping or fueling back up that I used to have before the fans. Previously, the bike would need an extra couple cranks, or turn-overs, whichever you prefer to call it. A "hard start" is the best way I can describe what it was doing.

I'm not stuck in traffic much, but have been lately because of construction in my town. It is difficult again to describe the behavior, but at idle in traffic, the bike doesn't seem as angry. It constantly just sounds and feels like a normal idle at a healthy temperature.

Yes, you feel a little heat on your right leg, and a little on the left from the blown air "bouncing" off that side of the motor. I don't think it is that uncomfortable what-so-ever and is a very small sacrifice to keep the bike healthy. Maybe some setups are different for whatever reason, but it's not even close to being a deal breaker for me.

I went into it with an open mind. I know a lot of people give in to the placebo effect, they have their mind made up before the parts are even on. I'm hoping to get quantitative data soon, but can tell a difference in those two scenarios mentioned above. I've talked to the owner on the phone and he "seems" like a nice guy. I'm not 100% clear what happened between him and Wards. I just know at the time, the Mighty Mite was the best somewhat "low profile" option out there. If Wards would have been in business, they'd be on instead. Keep in mind these fans mainly have an effect at slow/stopped speeds. One of the first defenses against heat should be a quality tune. It actually fixes part of the problem rather than putting a band aid on it. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:57:45 PM by Scott7d »
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »

The metal mesh filters increase flow by reducing filtration.  There is no free lunch.

And there is the whole cleaning thing.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Adam Michael

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »

i did a lot of research on love jugs and wards fans and im unclear how Love Jugs stole Wards fan design. They are a completly different designs. Could someone please enlighten me?
Thanks
Michael

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »

It's the Love Jugs Mighty Mite that resemble Wards fans.

https://love-jugs.com/new-mighty-mite/
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Adam Michael

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »

so that means he stole his design? i must be missing something.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »

There's always the  homemade design 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:36:58 PM by longlast »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »

There's always the  homemade design

Your fans look good and hopefully do the job for you.

Looks like you have another homemade designed accessory in the bottom of your lower.  :nixweiss:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

KEB

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2008 Ultra
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 05:43:38 AM »

I have the wards fans on my sesg. I believe he was run out of town by love jugs and they now use his design. My opinion on them is that every little bit helps. They look good,Ive never noticed excessive heat on right leg,they are quiet and cant hear them with engine running,If i leave them on after a ride they will cool the engine down and shut off themselves. My main heat issues were resolved with a good tune though

+1 I have a Wards and something fishy happened in all that business with the Love Jugs. I can't quite understand why the war of words. It seems Love Jugs was bent on proving a point then after bagging ti brought out an identical model to the Wards fan. Strange.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.