Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!  (Read 14643 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »

hi folks,

The exhaust install went flawlessly today.  the tech told me they slipped right on with no fussiness whatsover.  I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?  The bike uses 12mm o2's and the receptacles on the exhaust are.....12mm!  I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the V/H part is #26059, for 2012-2013 Softail, if anyone is interested.

The 2-2 flow very nicely with the frame of the bike and I personally like the fact that the tips run downward in front of the rear wheel so nothing blocks any part of the wheel, appearance-wise  They sound virtually the same as the BR 2-1 I had on my 2008 Custom which is a GOOD thing...deep, throaty sound-no "raspiness" at all.  Loud enough to get the attention of cagers, but not so loud as to anoy me on the bike.  at cruise they really accentuate the sound of the piston lifts.  You really hear the "thump-thump-thump"....great stuff.

Thus far, I am loving the Power Vision tuner.  I had the guys at the shop run my cable from the ECU, under the tank and up to the bars where I have the PV on a quick release mount.  I won't leave it there all the time, just for awhile to run numerous autotune sessions with it.  I loaded in Dynojet's initial tune for this set up and it did very well.  No pops on upward gear changes under heavy load(shifting at 4k - 5k).  only a few pops on decel, particularly when blipping the throttle to downshift.

I put the PV in autotune(AT) mode, and rode for about 30 minutes allowing the unit to gather all sort of info(the matrix screen looks really cool as it fills in all of the throttle position blocks at different RPM's).  I then saved the AT session and loaded it into the ECU.  Virtually no pops at all now on downshifts, so the AT really works with this tuner. the Dynojet guys said the AT function continues to dial-in the tune the more you use it under different riding conditions.

I really have to thank the folks on this site that turned me onto the PowerVision....great product, and so freakin' easy to use.

The throttle response now is AMAZING.  i was not impressed with the ride-by-wire throttle when I got the bike.  Sluggish, and many times unresponsive(I've talked about this in other posts)..  The tuner really woke it up.  Incredibly responsive, and just loads of power everywhere....finally the motor is breathing free and getting all the fuel it needs(take that EPA   :bananarock:  )

I rode til dark around Springfield, where the dealer is, before putting her on the trailer and heading for home.  I just couldn't be happier with both the exhaust, the PV tuner, and the service folks at Mid-Ohio Harley.  Dynojet's support is just fantastic also.  they are super responsive and great people to work with.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:39:14 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
Re: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

Z06 Thanks for the report. :)
I just received my dual tune license for my Power Vision today. I also ordered the cable I will need for the Breakout.
Hopefully, I can get it set up and at least put in a improved map until I decide which exhaust I am going to use.

Do you know if the 2 into 2 are louder than the 2 into 1?

Thanks,

Ron

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

That's awesome and thanks for the great write up :cucumber:   The VH 2-2 BR looks great!  I am at my dealer tomorrow for their performance seminar and then getting the add-ons ordered.  I am going with the Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage short and ordering the Power Vision with the Wide band 02 sensors (18mm) auto tune option as you have probably heard me say before (can you say broken record....lol).  The nice thing about the Bassani is they already have the 18mm bungs for the sensors.  Plus I am adding the Harley Oil Cooler to get that engine just a little cooler.   I might be going a little over board but I want to get everything set up the way I want it before it gets off the lot.

Question on having the dealer do the work....Did they have an issue of installing equipment you did not buy from them?

Again, thanks for all of your get write ups.  It has definitely helped me and eased the long wait for delivery :huepfenjump3:
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »

Z06 Thanks for the report. :)
I just received my dual tune license for my Power Vision today. I also ordered the cable I will need for the Breakout.
Hopefully, I can get it set up and at least put in a improved map until I decide which exhaust I am going to use.

Do you know if the 2 into 2 are louder than the 2 into 1?

Thanks,

Ron

Hey Ron,

i think you were the one that turned me onto the PV....thanks!

To my ears the volume was identical on the 2-2 compared to the 2-1.  I had the 2-1 on another bike for 5 years so I have a pretty good memory of what it sounds like.  I was actually surprised.  I have heard the 2-2's on other bikes before and always thought they were extremely loud.  Maybe they had pulled the baffles or maybe v/h has competition baffles for these maybe??
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

That's awesome and thanks for the great write up :cucumber:   The VH 2-2 BR looks great!  I am at my dealer tomorrow for their performance seminar and then getting the add-ons ordered.  I am going with the Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage short and ordering the Power Vision with the Wide band 02 sensors (18mm) auto tune option as you have probably heard me say before (can you say broken record....lol).  The nice thing about the Bassani is they already have the 18mm bungs for the sensors.  Plus I am adding the Harley Oil Cooler to get that engine just a little cooler.   I might be going a little over board but I want to get everything set up the way I want it before it gets off the lot.

Question on having the dealer do the work....Did they have an issue of installing equipment you did not buy from them?

Again, thanks for all of your get write ups.  It has definitely helped me and eased the long wait for delivery :huepfenjump3:

Wow, Born, you are STILL waiting? I feel your pain....

No problem at all with installing it.  I have had equipment installed at a couple of HD dealers and I never buy it through them unless it's HD(and even then I might go with Surdyke HD as they do 20% off online....I'm sure you know them, I think they are in the St. Louis area?)

My favorite HD dealer here in town did just stop doing any aftermarket add-on's period, but he had nothing to do with not buying through them.

I have never had a dealer give me a hard time about that...And I have added A LOT of aftermarket parts in the past!

Regarding the pro PV autotune.  Yea, i thought about when I got the BR2-2, knowing they had 12mm o2 mounts.

So what are my options if I want to go pro?  I know DynoJet sells a kit with 18mm bungs.  do you just drill out the 12mm mounts and drill in the 18mm bungs?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:50:22 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »

Wow, Born, you are STILL waiting? I feel your pain....

No problem at all with installing it.  I have had equipment installed at a couple of HD dealers and I never buy it through them unless it's HD(and even then I might go with Surdyke HD as they do 20% off online....I'm sure you know them, I think they are in the St. Louis area?)

My favorite HD dealer here in town did just stop doing any aftermarket add-on's period, but he had nothing to do with not buying through them.

I have never had a dealer give me a hard time about that...And I have added A LOT of aftermarket parts in the past!

Yep definitely know Surdyke!   and yes still waiting...ugh!  Ordered the bike on October 18th!!!!!! But my sales guy St Charles Harley always said Feb delivery and he has been awesome keeping me up to date.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Yep definitely know Surdyke!   and yes still waiting...ugh!  Ordered the bike on October 18th!!!!!! But my sales guy St Charles Harley always said Feb delivery and he has been awesome keeping me up to date.

Hey, if you want to "step-up" and get the best color(!), the dealer I was at in Springfield, OH has a red one that has been on the floor since November 17.  Shocked me the way we have been reading about shortages of bikes....

St. Louis is an easy 6 hour drive from central Ohio.......come on, you know you want to  :huepfenlol2:

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »

Hey, if you want to "step-up" and get the best color(!), the dealer I was at in Springfield, OH has a red one that has been on the floor since November 17.  Shocked me the way we have been reading about shortages of bikes....

St. Louis is an easy 6 hour drive from central Ohio.......come on, you know you want to  :huepfenlol2:

Too funny :P..... But it was love at first site for the Hard Candy/Liquid Sun.   That is odd that he has had the bike that long.  Maybe not pushing it or asking over MRSP?   I was just up in that area last week for work...Columbus and Findlay.  Only for a day though.  Is that the dealer on US 23?

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »

:worthless:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

Too funny :P..... But it was love at first site for the Hard Candy/Liquid Sun.   That is odd that he has had the bike that long.  Maybe not pushing it or asking over MRSP?   I was just up in that area last week for work...Columbus and Findlay.  Only for a day though.  Is that the dealer on US 23?

Hey, no, they are only asking MSRP and no dealer prep charge....

Ah, you are thinking of Thiels.  They sell HD, Kawasaki, Honda, etc.

This dealer is right off I-70 halfway between Columbus and Dayton(about a half hour drive from my house in Columbus).

small dealer...I doubt they get much "pedestrian" foot traffic this time of year....just the hard core customers who come down every day to drink coffee with the owners...nice folks...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »

:worthless:

Hey no problem Nicky

Will get some tomorrow.

Supposed to be sunny and 50.....how many tanks of gas can I go through.....I'm going to find out....

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »

Hi there great report looking forward to seeing the photos, 40 days to go still can't decide which exhaust to go with BR 2-1 still my favourite but can't see how the rear foot rests fit and how it changes the position of the pillion riders legs,with the price of accessories over here i need to get it right first time.  Hope the sun shines for you today [we have snow ] and you have a fab day

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 08:05:37 AM »

Hi there great report looking forward to seeing the photos, 40 days to go still can't decide which exhaust to go with BR 2-1 still my favourite but can't see how the rear foot rests fit and how it changes the position of the pillion riders legs,with the price of accessories over here i need to get it right first time.  Hope the sun shines for you today [we have snow ] and you have a fab day

Hi Fisherman,

checkout the V/H website, go to the 2-1 page for 2012-2013 Softail and download the instruction manual. they have a picture of the rear foot peg offset you have to install that raises the right passenger peg about 2" to clear the exhaust.  So the passenger will have a little bit of a strange sensation they have to get used to, right foot being higher than the left.  But hey, it's all in the name of better performance and appearance so tell the passenger to just get over it   :P

I suppose you could buy an extra offset kit and put it on the left side as well to make them even.  Back when I had my 2-1 they only included a single offset bracket.

I never installed mine as I never have a passenger.  My wife rides a V-Rod and wouldn't dream of giving up control by getting on the back with me !

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:09:06 AM by Z06_Pilot »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Okay....so I really need to see some pics!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »

Okay....so I really need to see some pics!

OK, here we go.....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.