Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint issues  (Read 1534 times)

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
Paint issues
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:33 AM »

Had 2 paint issues with my new breakout. rust under the silver on the rear fender looked really bad and the dealer had to send pictures and the harley rep needed to see it. the rear fender was replaced. there is also a small white mark under the paint on the tank in the silver again just below the logo on the right side. The harley rep said it didn't warrent replacement. I disagreed to no avail. the dealer said if it gets worse they would have Harley replace it. the flaw is about 1" long by 1/4" wide. You would think Harley would want the bike to be perfect from the get go. I noticed it before I took delivery and the dealer made a note of it. it was much more faint when I first got the bike but seems to be getting worse as time goes on. if it starts to rust then they will have to replace it. the rear fender started out much the same way but rusted rather quickly. as the weather is too cold to ride I only have 200 miles on her so far.

My concern is even though this has been documented will they be willing to replace the tank at say 5000 miles if it starts to rust? is there a way to take this to a higher power at Harley or will I just get the run around?

On a side note check out the Freedom Performance exhaust (Union 2-1) should be ready for the Breakout soon.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Paint issues
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems the paint quality on these bikes is sub par.  I have 9 miles on mine and I'm considering selling it to not have issues with something I spent a lot of money on.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.