CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Android Cell Phones & HD Connect

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eqcons:

--- Quote from: Harley_Bob on October 26, 2019, 12:37:08 PM ---HD Connect works with Apple Car Play, but does not work with Android Auto. I have read that the Android Auto devs need to update to make it compatible with the GTS Infotainment. The issue I am having is the HD icon on my 2020 Infotainment system is grey'd out and I cannot transfer routes from my Galaxy S10+ to GTS either wired or wireless. My wife's iPhone will transfer perfectly. Music and phone calls will work with Android.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's more in line with what I was expecting to hear, Bob.  As I said above, Android outsells iPhone 3:1 and HD with their new super whizzy system fail to provide support.  (I don't think the Android developers are responsible for making it work with HD's system - other way round!)  A bit like the original boom box intorduced in 2014.  The whole world uses FHD resolution screens, and Harley provide a low res one.  Really, they live in their own little world, and it's no wonder that sales are tanking.

FLSTFI Dave:
Android will work with HD connect.

The app has to be open and logged in on the phone,

Then plug the phone into the bike,

Then HD connect should no longer be grayed out.

GB506:

--- Quote from: Eqcons on October 26, 2019, 03:30:22 PM ---Yep, that's more in line with what I was expecting to hear, Bob.  As I said above, Android outsells iPhone 3:1 and HD with their new super whizzy system fail to provide support.  (I don't think the Android developers are responsible for making it work with HD's system - other way round!)  A bit like the original boom box intorduced in 2014.  The whole world uses FHD resolution screens, and Harley provide a low res one.  Really, they live in their own little world, and it's no wonder that sales are tanking.

--- End quote ---

iOS has over 50% market share in the US. Worldwide, android dominates, particularly in 3rd world countries. Android also dominates in US trailer parks and housing projects...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eqcons:

--- Quote from: GB506 on October 26, 2019, 09:37:28 PM ---iOS has over 50% market share in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Not quite.... https://www.statista.com/statistics/266572/market-share-held-by-smartphone-platforms-in-the-united-states/

Android very slightly ahead in the US, but more or less equal.  I wouldn't have considered HD's new Boombox replacement ready for market till it supported both Carplay and Android Auto.  My Ford supports both, and has done for nearly three years, so again, HD are way behind the rest of the world.

Glenncarp:

--- Quote from: PeterJ on October 22, 2019, 05:59:11 PM ---Do you know if the H-D Connect works with Android as well as Apple iOS phones please?

I know that only Apple Carplay will only work on the 2019 / 2019 BoomBox GTS head unit.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Need some clarification: Are you trying to use HD Connect to use Android Auto? No dice.

I have to say though I have used HD Connect and pretty unpressed. Log into HD account on phone app, search for something like "Cigars near me" pick place, choose to route you there, there will be an option "Send to bike" open HD Connect on bike and bam, there is your route imported. Used it a few times on recent trip and i can say I actually like it. Just a heads up, if you are planning a route on your phone, save it as a ride, do not just "send to bike" from search screen as bike will change route. Search, create route, save it to your profile, go to "saved routes"  and send to bike from there. When you are creating a route, you can choose options on the app like "avoid highways", "avoid tolls", "avoid unpaved roads" Only thing it does not let you do it drag the route to change it like Google maps. Also like the "rides near you" suggestions when you open app, however I was in southern VA and it showed route in KY, 244 miles north.  Overall though, well developed app and actually vert useful.

Hoping Android Auto gets in gear and we can some day use Android witht he HD system

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version