Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: T-bags...yea or neh.  (Read 5893 times)

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
Re: T-bags...yea or neh.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

Information wanted here. In conversations with T-Bag they say that the is not a bag made by them for the rack on the 07 tour pack due to the size. If someone has a bag which fits on this rack using the stock straps supplied by the mfg please let me know. T-bag says it will be early 09 before they produce one that they recommend This lack of an xtra bag makes it somewhat difficult for long trips which require my lady to pack both clothes and leathers.  Ive tried to convince her the clothes were optional but have not had much luck with this idea...

Craig

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 01:00:51 AM »

Information wanted here. In conversations with T-Bag they say that the is not a bag made by them for the rack on the 07 tour pack due to the size. If someone has a bag which fits on this rack using the stock straps supplied by the mfg please let me know. T-bag says it will be early 09 before they produce one that they recommend This lack of an xtra bag makes it somewhat difficult for long trips which require my lady to pack both clothes and leathers.  Ive tried to convince her the clothes were optional but have not had much luck with this idea...

Craig

Craig, Check out the link to Road Ready bags in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14648.0

I have one, have used it numerous times, & it fits the tour pack rack with the straps attached to the bag. Quick disconnects, also.  I use it in the passenger seat when my wife does not accompany me on trips & it fits there very well.

Mike

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 06:34:24 AM »

Craig

Road Ready makes a bag specifically for the tour Paks on the 06 & 07 tour racks. I have one, has straps attached to tie down& you don't need any bungies etc. Good product. THE MUFFMAN
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:38:25 AM by Muffman »

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 02:06:59 AM »

Well, we did end up with the T-Bag Route 66 and certainly do give it the two thumbs up!! Great bag, very finely made!! The only problem I see (which did not pose a problem) but when I purchased the luggage rack from Harley (in the catalog, it did not stipulate a lbs. limitation. When opened the box (at home) two days before we left...the rack had a sticker saying...do not put more than 10 lbs on the rack  wtf.... I put the T-bag (empty) on the scale...just over 11 lbs. Now what?? I went ahead and put the heavy items in the saddle bags and only put clothes in the T-bag. I didn't even weight the full T-bag... I didn't even want to know, but I'd estimate it to be at least 35 lbs. Anyway, the road trip went great, had a lot of fun...well, except for the fork lock issue... Muddy

Save The Wave...

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

Well, we did end up with the T-Bag Route 66 and certainly do give it the two thumbs up!! Great bag, very finely made!! The only problem I see (which did not pose a problem) but when I purchased the luggage rack from Harley (in the catalog, it did not stipulate a lbs. limitation. When opened the box (at home) two days before we left...the rack had a sticker saying...do not put more than 10 lbs on the rack  wtf.... I put the T-bag (empty) on the scale...just over 11 lbs. Now what?? I went ahead and put the heavy items in the saddle bags and only put clothes in the T-bag. I didn't even weight the full T-bag... I didn't even want to know, but I'd estimate it to be at least 35 lbs. Anyway, the road trip went great, had a lot of fun...well, except for the fork lock issue... Muddy

I think all of the Harley racks post a maximum load of 10 lbs.   I'm sure it's a liability issue, but certainly not realistic.  Never have weighed my bag before laoding it onto the rack, but I'm sure it's well over 40 lbs.  Ride safe and enjoy that SERK and the Rt. 66 bag.  I sure love mine.

Craig

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 11:52:48 AM »

I think all of the Harley racks post a maximum load of 10 lbs.   I'm sure it's a liability issue, but certainly not realistic.   Never have weighed my bag before laoding it onto the rack, but I'm sure it's well over 40 lbs.  Ride safe and enjoy that SERK and the Rt. 66 bag.  I sure love mine.

Craig
I think you are right I know the one on my KTP says that also. I've definitely had more then that weight on it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:11 PM »

Hey lilbear Craig...did you happen to purchase the roll bag? I did not, as I just couldn't see going that high with another bag on top of the 66...But, I could now certainly see using it alone, with the saddle bags on over night or a couple day trips. Muddy
Save The Wave...

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »

Hey lilbear Craig...did you happen to purchase the roll bag? I did not, as I just couldn't see going that high with another bag on top of the 66...But, I could now certainly see using it alone, with the saddle bags on over night or a couple day trips. Muddy

Muddy,

I did get the roll bag and on top of the 66, it's really not that bad.  It also, as you suggested, works great as a stand alone bag if you don't need all of the extra space in the 66.   I also use the roll bag by itself on the V-Rod (of course, I don't hesitate to throw the 66 on the V either).  With the net attachment on the 66, it works like a champ.  I use it for stuff I need to grab in a hurry and try to keep it light with the heavier items placed down in the saddlebags or lower in the 66.  T-Bags are absolutely top-notch in quality and function.

Craig

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »

Glad to see you are enjoying the T bags.

I talked with 56 FLE about his and he really likes them.  He uses the rain cover and said it makes the bike more controllable, without the rain cover he noticed a lot of buffeting. 

Of course he isn't two up, but just a thought.

Safe riding :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.