Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Hot Weather Riding Gear?  (Read 36754 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Hot Weather Riding Gear?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »

Spyder,

Good friend of mine was wearing this same jacket a few weeks ago - with body armor - when he was hit by a car running a red light.  Actually, he ran into the side of the car in the intersection.  Never saw him, he never saw her.

His bike was totaled.  He was shook up & stiff but no road rash.  NONE.  Jacket was torn/abraided at the spot of his center shoulder blades.  Decided after that to give this jacket a try so finally got around to buying it.  He was on his way to work, early morning.  Of course the car got the ticket.  He traded out of his 08 for 10 & is riding again.  Wearing a new version of this jacket now.

Hope you are healing up ok.  Last time I had raod rash was in the 70's & it sucked hind teat.

Hate that for your friend, but on the other hand it's good to hear that the stuff worked in real life.  Chit like that makes you think, huh...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »

Yeah it does.  That's what got me looking at these jackets.  Several really good ones out there.

After looking at his bike (damn mess) & helping him take parts off it for his new one, decided it would be a good decision.  The price was right plus knew this one - for my friend - worked great.

Am on an iPad so the quote deal is not working right -scrolling.  Will be glad when the 10th version or whatever comes out that fixes the glitches.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »

Terry, put the back armor back in the jacket.  Wish I'd had some in mine.  spyder

I leave all the armor in.......now.  For the same reason a shattered jaw convinced me to wear a full face......the armor is not going to do you much good when you need it if it's sitting on a shelf at home. :nixweiss:

Ohhhh.....off topic.   If you burn easy or ride in really hot weather (especially humid) this is the shirt for you.  It looks ugly as hell when you're wearing it but it's very functional  (super lightweight.....almost like not having a shirt on and the mesh sleeves make it the preferred choice for me).....     http://www.sunprecautions.com/product/1200K11+S+WHT
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »

Spyder,

His bike was totaled.  He was shook up & stiff but no road rash.  NONE.  Jacket was torn/abraided at the spot of his center shoulder blades.  Decided after that to give this jacket a try so finally got around to buying it.  He was on his way to work, early morning.  Of course the car got the ticket.  He traded out of his 08 for 10 & is riding again.  Wearing a new version of this jacket now.

Hope you are healing up ok.  Last time I had raod rash was in the 70's & it sucked hind teat.
Yeah, the more protection, the less pain & suffering.  I was really glad I had full gloves & heavy boots on w/ a leather (gun) vest....they all saved me lots of skin.  The broken ribs in my back might have been spared if I'd had on a armor jacket, don't know.  I have two of those summer jackets w/ the armor and they work well, but don't expect them to keep you warm in the least when the sun goes down...they're COLD then unless you've got a sweat shirt or something to put under to block the airflow.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

Yeah, the more protection, the less pain & suffering.  I was really glad I had full gloves & heavy boots on w/ a leather (gun) vest....they all saved me lots of skin.  The broken ribs in my back might have been spared if I'd had on a armor jacket, don't know.  I have two of those summer jackets w/ the armor and they work well, but don't expect them to keep you warm in the least when the sun goes down...they're COLD then unless you've got a sweat shirt or something to put under to block the airflow.  spyder

Broke ribs - a true pain.  Armour might have helped.

This jacket has a water/windproof long sleeve liner.  Figure will keep it on the bike when wearing the jacket.  Know what you mean about mesh when the temps drop.  Coldern hell then.

Cage behaviors being what they are, glad this jacket has some reflective piping.  That stuff shows well at night.

Almost had a kid wipe me out yesterday in a Cosco parking lot.  He was speeding fast, cutting thru the spaces, spaced out.  If I had not looked wide left, he would have taken me out.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 03:19:58 AM »

If you want peace, prepare for war.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

I mentioned it earlier, but I gotta bring up Under Armour Heat Gear white long sleeves again. We're getting scorched by 90+ temps in Chicago, which is really hot and muggy for us, and I couldn't make it without these. 30+spf, and they feel like you're not wearing anything. The moisture wicks away and with the wind, causes a cooling sensation - it's great, but you have to get white. You definitely won't get any protection in a collision, but you will be comfortable.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »

Are there such things as vented jeans, with zippers or velcrove, not ripped jeans, I've got plenty of those.

Ray Z
RayZ

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »

Are there such things as vented jeans, with zippers or velcrove, not ripped jeans, I've got plenty of those.

Ray Z

There are mesh pants.

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »

Ray Z
Over-sized Bib-Overalls might work.  ::) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »

Over-sized Bib-Overalls might work.  ::) har.  spyder

Every time, Spydy...the 4th law of thermodynamics...give your ba$$'s some air.

TTS Mastertune

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »

this one protects your skin from sun and
further damage (back, shoulders, elbow
and chest) in an accident.
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »

Love the jackets with armor in them, always leave it in.  Not only does it protect you if you get hit, it makes my old saggy shoulders look younger. :huepfenlol2:  I must have 10 jackets and the ones I like the best have some sort of protection in them. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »

Long sleeve UV shirt over a Harley hydration vest. The UV shirts are inexpensive (<$30) and available at almost every sporting good store now and breath enough for slow evaporation of the vest.  Doc

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »

I mentioned it earlier, but I gotta bring up Under Armour Heat Gear white long sleeves again. We're getting scorched by 90+ temps in Chicago, which is really hot and muggy for us, and I couldn't make it without these. 30+spf, and they feel like you're not wearing anything. The moisture wicks away and with the wind, causes a cooling sensation - it's great, but you have to get white. You definitely won't get any protection in a collision, but you will be comfortable.

Is this the one http://www.cabelas.com/mens-long-sleeve-t-shirts-armour-tech-tees.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=1167680&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=9928F002-3FDE-DF11-9612-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA ? It won't let me choose white. Closest I can find anywhere is grey.  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.