Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Homemade cooling system  (Read 3996 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Homemade cooling system
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 08:51:01 AM »

I have to do the same thing. For me it's more to get my leg away from the exhaust bend that sticks out from the rear cylinder of the Zilla. The newer style doesn't have that issue as it runs straight down more like stock. Longer leg fellows don't have this issue. Sorry don't have a pic as that would explain better.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Homemade cooling system
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »

Funny enough I hadn't really thought about it.  But you're right my leg would feel quite worm just from the heat being radiated off the fins.
Now the fans are blowing/moving that radiated heat across  and off the fins onto  where your leg is,  it is noticeably hotter where I was going  ooh aw  ooh that's getting hot   I don't know how long I'd put up with this. I found by putting  my foot on the footboard that helped it moved my leg away from the fins.
 Like I said it's a downside but the upside is knowing the motor isn't getting so hot in stop n go traffic  and the oil pressure is slightly higher on idle.

I lifted the front of my tank 1.5 inches that seems to get a little more air flow over the motor plus I spread the drivers floorboards by 3/4 inch per side. Both seemed to help somewhat.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:18:11 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 24 queries.