Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: You Can't Fix Stupid  (Read 6975 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: You Can't Fix Stupid
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »

Yea guys, the sticker is on the registration card. I just cut it out and laid it on the tag for the pic because it cannot be covered by the tag frame and I wasn't sure where it would hit when mounted. Put the tag in the frame and then place the sticker......just to be on the safe side.
Man oh man 2k, they called you on everything you did for the pic. The arrow, the fake sticker placement. And all I noticed was your new avatar. If I'd known the Clemson win is going to cause you to change format, I woulda rooted against them!  >:(

Cambo

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

You are correct, but why have the block if there is no sticker?

Several years ago New Jersey eliminated the yearly sticker and motor vehicle inspections for Motorcycles.
All the old plates that were already printed (we no longer have "prisoner punched plates") have to go before the new ones come out without the block.

The decal location for us was on the side, so it took up a "letter" space. We are currently limited to 5 letters on the small bike plates, and even with the elimination of the decal.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »

Several years ago New Jersey eliminated the yearly sticker and motor vehicle inspections for Motorcycles.
Finally, a couple reasons to move to Jersey!!! Both my bikes need the inspection thingy done. One expired this past May and the other one in November. I guess I'm an outlaw biker until I get that taken care of.  :bananarock:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

Yea guys, the sticker is on the registration card. I just cut it out and laid it on the tag for the pic because it cannot be covered by the tag frame and I wasn't sure where it would hit when mounted. Put the tag in the frame and then place the sticker......just to be on the safe side.

I would get a small bar and shield sticker and cover up the states screw up.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »

Finally, a couple reasons to move to Jersey!!! Both my bikes need the inspection thingy done. One expired this past May and the other one in November. I guess I'm an outlaw biker until I get that taken care of.  :bananarock:

There is no valid reason to move to New Jersey  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »

At the risk of asking a stupid question ,,, do your vehicles stay registered with the same no forever or , does the owner of the vehicle have a designated reg no for each vehicle they own ?

In UK vehicle retains the no whoever owns it .
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »

At the risk of asking a stupid question ,,, do your vehicles stay registered with the same no forever or , does the owner of the vehicle have a designated reg no for each vehicle they own ?

When I lived in Texas a few decades ago, the plate stayed with the car when you sold it. Then we moved to Boston and I was totally confused when I sold my car and they wanted me to remove the plate and return it to DPS. So at least until a few years ago Texas and Massa.... (never learned how to properly spell the name of the state of Massatoosets, which is how we pronounce the name of the state of Massatoosets in Texas) were different in that regard. It depends on the state, I guess.  :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

Can only speak for my state (VA)... if I trade in/purchase another vehicle I can have current tags transferred to new vehicle... so I guess in a way the tags stay w/the owner and not the vehicle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 06:22:11 PM »

Can only speak for my state (VA)... if I trade in/purchase another vehicle I can have current tags transferred to new vehicle... so I guess in a way the tags stay w/the owner and not the vehicle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Ditto for Tennessee. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:48 PM »

"New" Jersey - it depends.

Truck, Car, RV, Motorcycle, trailers - registration number plate is new with each owner. But an owner can transfer his existing number plate to a "similar" new vehicle if one desires, otherwise they are turned back over to the Motor Vehicle agency. We really do not own the plate, it is basically on loan.

Number plates only come from a Department of Motor Vehicles office (or online/mail for a courtesy plate)

Boats, watercraft etc are different. Since we don't have plates for boats, we get a registration number that is affixed to the hull. That number stays with the boat for life as long as it stays in New Jersey, regardless of the number of owners.

Except if the boat is "Documented" (USCG documentation of the vessel and all liens).
The documentation number is etched or permanently attached to an inner hull surface and it stays with the boat regardless of owner or State the boat is docked in, and State registration numbers are not needed.

I do find it odd that one can get a number plate made up at a motorcycle event though  :orange:
I had this plate made with my New Jersey registration number several years ago while visiting family in England.

MV 2013

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

Government at it's best..
Bill

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 10:51:10 AM »

I would get a small bar and shield sticker and cover up the states screw up.

Thanks for the idea Jim. Didn't want a Bar & Shield cause they already get enough free advertisement from us, so I hunted a sticker from the #1 College Football team in the country. Couldn't find an Elephant, so I settled for the #2 team!! That's probably a safer choice since I do 90% of my riding in North or South Cackalaky.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.