Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Gas Prices Rise Again  (Read 3655 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Gas Prices Rise Again
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »

Gas to damn expensive nowadays

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

Re: Gas Prices Rise Again
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »

I think grandpadoc found this, since I got a notification of activity, gas was high 5 years ago I guess.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »

Soooo true...  us californians are so desperate with the recent gas spikes,,  Fart Gas is probably worth more then gold   :huepfenjump3:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

$3.50 Yesterday in TN.......those Vols are lucky bastids
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »

;D
DND

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »

My recent post got taken off because of a political statemant I guess. Oh well.  ::)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »

Seemed when the refineries have a problem the prices soar disproportionally.

We lost one in Washington this year and prices took off in winter.   Now California is going nuts.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »

4.75 gallon for REGULAR   :(

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »

Seemed when the refineries have a problem the prices soar disproportionally.

We lost one in Washington this year and prices took off in winter.   Now California is going nuts.

Refineries have been having various sorts of failures, including fires, and then we have pipelines springing leaks in various parts of the country causing them to be shut down.  It seems the billions of dollars in profits the oil industry makes aren't enough to allow the oil companies and the pipeline companies like Enbridge to keep up with maintenance.  Maybe they need some extra subsidies from the taxpayers.

Most industries I've been involved with over the years just take it in the ear when their facilities go down due to poor maintenance or human error.  But the oil industry gets to charge much more for their products when they screw up, so obviously there is little incentive to do proper maintenance and make absolutely certain all process and safety protocols are followed to the letter. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »

I just spent 3.78 for 93 octane

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

We always take it in the (you know what out here). The "winter mix" is being produced now (which is only one of the reasons that they claim that prices are so high).  I live in Southern California............What "Winter" would that be?????

So we go from 90 degrees to 75 degrees.  Winter??????

I filled up today, $25.42 for a tank of gas..............ON MY BIKE (and it wasn't even empty)!!!!!
When I started riding, it was great. If I had $5.00 in my pocket I could ride all weekend (with a hottie on the back) and have fun for two days, now I can't even get to the store for vittles (which BTW are gonna go up too).
Gas here is going up $.18-$.40 per day! If I didn't live 40 miles or so to work, I'd walk.

This is just plain crazy.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »

BTW,
    LOU and ROGER..............give me a buzz when you get some time. RJ, I know you're up to your ass in aligators, Lou?
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »

Grandpadoc,
   This is a totally PC forum.  How dare you post something that someone, somewhere might find offensive!!!!

We all have to live together, some opinions are tolerated, some not. It's all just to keep the peace on the forum which I agree with. If my opinions don't match with those of others, or others don't match with mine, there could be trouble.  Most of us here are A type personalities, let all try to be nice.

_Beags

BTW,

L&R
Matt

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »

Again,
   I'm "VERY HAPPY" with all of the moderators on this board. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 10:43:29 PM »

We always take it in the (you know what out here). The "winter mix" is being produced now (which is only one of the reasons that they claim that prices are so high).  I live in Southern California............What "Winter" would that be?????

So we go from 90 degrees to 75 degrees.  Winter??????

I filled up today, $25.42 for a tank of gas..............ON MY BIKE (and it wasn't even empty)!!!!!
When I started riding, it was great. If I had $5.00 in my pocket I could ride all weekend (with a hottie on the back) and have fun for two days, now I can't even get to the store for vittles (which BTW are gonna go up too).
Gas here is going up $.18-$.40 per day! If I didn't live 40 miles or so to work, I'd walk.

This is just plain crazy.

Over here in Chi-town the winter blend is the lower priced blend, and I assume that's the case in California as well.  The problem comes twice a year when the refineries have to switch over from one to the other.  You wouldn't think it would be all that tough to do, but somehow they manage to use that switchover to justify spiking prices every six months, even when switching to the lower cost blend.  As I noted before, the oil companies don't work under the same principles and rules the rest of us have to follow.  They screw up, we pay more.  They aren't competent enough to manage inventories to assure supplies during the semiannual changeovers, we pay more.  The CEO's mistress gives him a hard time, we pay more.  The CEO's wife gets proof of the mistress and files for a huge divorce settlement, we pay a lot more.  If you're following where this is going, the main theme is regardless of the situation, we pay more.  Just get used to it and don't complain.  All the complaining gives the CEO a headache, and then of course we pay more.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »

My recent post got taken off because of a political statement I guess. Oh well.  ::)

...and the fact the original post was posted in 2007 when we thought the price of gas was getting pretty bad,  so I got rid of the rascals name on the marque and you can substitute any name you want.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:13:35 PM by grandpadoc »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »

Again,
   I'm "VERY HAPPY" with all of the moderators on this board. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My post is still up :P    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Hey Beags, I've been working my ass off to fix broken toys lately.  Doc
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:26:47 PM by grandpadoc »

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »

Wait till you get home heating oil. Paid $4.499 per gallon today.

kb

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »

;D
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.