Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Dodge Challenger  (Read 18084 times)

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
Dodge Challenger
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

Dealer called today and said I could come in Monday and order my new Challenger. Special, numbered SRT-8. Silver, black or orange. I don't know if an SRT-8 is in my future, but I am going to have a Challenger and I told the dealer about nine months ago to let me know when it was time to order. Guess I'll go in and see how he's willing to deal. I already told him that I would not pay over sticker for one. I'm willing to wait until everyone gets over the "Hots" for them.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Dodge Challenger
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

If they give you any literature on it, it would be cool if you could scan and post.  I think it would be tough not to go with the SRT version! :o

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »

They have some info on dodge.com under the Challenger section. It talks about the SRT order date of the third of Dec. and the base price and other spec's.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »

Still only the concept photos, though.  Can't wait to see how close the real thing ends up being.  I think it is supposed to debut in Chicago this year.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »

Is that the same version that law enforcement is using?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »

Went in to see the dealer today. The only info he had was a type-written page. No pictures. The literature gave a price of $37,995. There were only about three options that could be added to the package. It comes standard with the 22X customer preferred package. The online ad says that pricing starts at $40,095. I don't know why the descrepancy. I asked the dealer if it will have the gas guzzler tax and he said that the literature doesn't show it. The dealership owner had already made his order. He ordered one with every option and in black. He wanted a six speed manual, but that is not available. It only comes as a five speed auto. The dealer said that he may cancel his order if that is a deal breaker. The wife said to order an orange one. So, we did. No options, other than the standard package. The literature says that they will be here in the spring, no definite time frame. The dealer also said that if it came in and we really didn't want it, he'd have no problem selling it. He also said that they have not heard a date for regular production ordering. He also said thet the larger dealers would probably get their orders first, so ours may arrive later. The owners car was ordered at 10:30 local time and ours was ordered at 1:30 local. There were 6,000 numbers difference in our VON numbers. I don't really know what that tells us. I doubt that there were 6,000 SRT8 Challengers sold in that space. Maybe 6,000 total Dodge orders ? Anyway, I'm excited.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »

Went in to see the dealer today. The only info he had was a type-written page. No pictures. The literature gave a price of $37,995. There were only about three options that could be added to the package. It comes standard with the 22X customer preferred package. The online ad says that pricing starts at $40,095. I don't know why the descrepancy. I asked the dealer if it will have the gas guzzler tax and he said that the literature doesn't show it. The dealership owner had already made his order. He ordered one with every option and in black. He wanted a six speed manual, but that is not available. It only comes as a five speed auto. The dealer said that he may cancel his order if that is a deal breaker. The wife said to order an orange one. So, we did. No options, other than the standard package. The literature says that they will be here in the spring, no definite time frame. The dealer also said that if it came in and we really didn't want it, he'd have no problem selling it. He also said that they have not heard a date for regular production ordering. He also said thet the larger dealers would probably get their orders first, so ours may arrive later. The owners car was ordered at 10:30 local time and ours was ordered at 1:30 local. There were 6,000 numbers difference in our VON numbers. I don't really know what that tells us. I doubt that there were 6,000 SRT8 Challengers sold in that space. Maybe 6,000 total Dodge orders ? Anyway, I'm excited.

I have the regular Hemi version Charger.  The SRT version is a BLAST to drive - helluva lotta fun.  Bet the Challenger will be as well. Post some pics when you get it.  BTW - the 5 speed auto is ok & for me the manual was not an option since my better half can't drive a manual.  Good luck!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »

I got this article on line today:

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:03AM

RLD

PRESS RELEASE

Dodge Announces Pricing for All-new 2008 Challenger SRT8®

Dodge Challenger SRT8 available for $37,995

• The American muscle coupe is back, packed with modern technology and innovation
• Demand for contemporary version of iconic pony car drives Dodge to accept orders for the 2008 Challenger SRT8® beginning Dec. 3, 2007
• Introduction begins with limited-edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 models – each with numbered dash plaque
• Complete, broader Challenger lineup details and pricing still to come
• 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models feature 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 and are available in Black, Silver or HEMI Orange

Auburn Hills, Mich. – Dodge announced pricing today for the modern interpretation of the American muscle coupe. The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8® will arrive in showrooms next spring at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,995 (which includes $675 destination).

Due to unprecedented demand, Dodge dealers will begin taking orders on Dec. 3 for the limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models. Each will feature a numbered dash plaque and a 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engine. 2008 Challenger SRT8 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature dual “carbon-fiber” hood stripes, harkening back to the original Dodge Challenger.

“The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 offers pure American pony-car muscle,” said James Press, Vice Chairman & President – Chrysler LLC. “With styling that stays true to Challenger’s original heritage, an abundance of modern amenities and cutting-edge technology, the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will deliver the SRT credo of benchmark performance at a tremendous value.

“The Challenger SRT8 is only the beginning of the story, as we’ll soon follow with a complete lineup of Challenger models that will offer a wide array of features and deliver outstanding value for our customers,” Press added.

Customers may begin placing orders at their Dodge dealer on Monday, Dec. 3. They can expect to take delivery of their vehicle next spring.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will be built at the Chrysler Canada Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, on the same assembly line with the Dodge Charger, Charger SRT8, Magnum, Magnum SRT8, Chrysler 300 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 vehicles.

Pricing for the complete all-new Dodge Challenger lineup will be announced at a later date.

SRT performance vehicles – including the Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Caliber SRT4, Dodge Magnum SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8, Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8, and now, the Dodge Challenger SRT8 – are engineered by Chrysler’s in-house performance organization: Street and Racing Technology.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 showcases the renowned, five key aspects of every SRT vehicle: exterior styling that resonates with the brand image; race-inspired interiors; world-class ride and handling characteristics across a broad range; benchmark braking; and standout powertrain. The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will unquestionably deliver in all five areas.

Dodge Brand
With a U.S. market share of 6.4 percent, Dodge is Chrysler LLC’s best-selling brand and the fifth largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. In 2006, Dodge sold more than 1.3 million vehicles in the global market. In the highly competitive truck market, Dodge has a 15 percent market share.

Recently, Dodge introduced the all-new 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with 35 new or improved features including the newest innovation, the Swivel ‘n Go™ seating system. Dodge is entering key European volume segments with Nitro, Caliber and Avenger. The all-new 2009 Dodge Journey will debut in 2008 calendar year, and will be available outside North America in both left- and right-hand drive in mid-2008. Also in 2008, Dodge will introduce its modern muscle car the all-new Dodge Challenger.
###

Source: Chrysler Media Services

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »

Is that the same version that law enforcement is using?

Magoo the Challenger has not yet been release, you must be talking about the Dodge "Charger" police car.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »

I have the regular Hemi version Charger.  The SRT version is a BLAST to drive - helluva lotta fun.  Bet the Challenger will be as well. Post some pics when you get it.  BTW - the 5 speed auto is ok & for me the manual was not an option since my better half can't drive a manual.  Good luck!

What kind of fuel mileage do you get on that Charger? In town and on highway?

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 04:54:43 PM »

Who's all going to buy one of these Challengers. :nixweiss: I'm thinking  group rate. :2vrolijk_21:
Brian I know your a Mopar Man, are you adding one to your collection.  :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

Kathy, Helen has a2006 Charger with the 3.5 litre 250 HP and it gets 24*26 mpg on the highway and 20-22 around town. My Ram has the Hemi and I get 14-15 mpg in town and 18-20 mpg highway if I "baby it". Some can't live without HP though. Right Brian.  :nixweiss:   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »

It's a Car!! drive it off the lot and it's 19,995 today! tomorrow it's 16,995. Buy if you like but it's just another car to enjoy' hope someone finds it in a barn 30 years from now.

THEN IT WILL BE WORTH 2600.00  ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »

Overall, about 21 mpg.  Never less than 20 mpg since I bought it - per tank.  Do not do much town driving, so figure its around 17-19 mpg town, 22-23 mpg hwy.  Uses mid-grade - 89 octane gas.

Mine is the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with 340 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft.  of torque.  Runs like a scalded dog.   :huepfenjump3:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »

If you need to ask about that, you can't afford it anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.