Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Best Slip-On For The Conv?  (Read 10421 times)

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
Re: Best Slip-On For The Conv?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »

Hey  :huepfenjump3:  I got em'

At a decent price I think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120645352911

The Big Brown Truck will be here Monday!!
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 05:05:09 AM »

great price, and as we say down under ..... good onya mate

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:33 AM »

yes, pn 80495-07 and yes, reused heat shield.

As they are 49 state legal, you might guess which one state I can never visit.  Don't you live there??  Can you buy these there or will Arnold come and impound your bike?? :)

Just to clarify...

The stock "muffler heat shields" will not fit the 49 state legal mufflers because the cans are a little shorter. The head pipe shields were reused.

You can purchase the muffler heat shields from HD that will fit the 49 state but they are very pricey.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »

We are running stock cans on our ConV. You simply drill out the three stainless rivets and remove the stock baffle. You find a baffle that will fit that is to your noise level and sound liking and slide them back in and use stainless rivets to re-secure. Don't use aluminum or they will vibrate and break.

We have prototype Fullsac baffles. They are essentially the 1.75 Touring baffle machined to fit the ConV muffler can. There is no need to call Fullsac because Steve will not make another set. The Touring 1.75 baffle will sound as loud as the 2.0 due to the length change and the shorter head pipe length.

I do know of one other person that simply purchased their baffles and took them to a muffler shop for fitting. He said it wasn't that hard to do but it takes time to do it right. The cost of the baffle is a little over 100 bucks and the refit labor will vary but is about half that.

What do they sound like?  All I can say is they are on there to stay until the government forces us all to change them back. Stock look, no tinny sound, good deep rumble, not too loud when cruising but when you wake up that 110 she sings a different note that can be heard for a few miles on a lonely country road.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

GoodyACT

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible Maple
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »

Hi All,

I'm just about to pickup my 2011 CVO softail, but I'm going to install the V&H TWIN SLASH V16835  system.  after hearing the difference on YouTube I'm sold,  and only AU $480 price tag it all sounds good to me.

My 2 bobs worth as we say Down Under.

Cheers

Rob

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »

gday rob
where did you get yours.... had mine 3 weeks now, one week with the new pipes and sepst computer
what colour,

GoodyACT

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:15 AM »

Hi dcigar,

After MANY phone calls and "Sorry None Available" replys I finally managed to secure one from Sy's Harley Davidson in Sydney Well they swaped one of there allocations with a WA Dealer. I might even be able to pick it up before xmas.  :orange: woo hoo.  From what i have discovered from the MANY phone calls there are 2 allocated CVO softails not yet sold but arrive in feb/march next year.   What Computer is that ? I'm looking at the SE pro, a little more expensive then the basic one but has heaps more options.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 04:19:21 AM »

gday rob
yeah i went with the se pro, i know nothing of these things, i just go with the recomendation of chris at harley city in brunswick so went with that and the se pipes, the perfect sound, heard it on his heritage and it barks when you twist the throttle, while satisfyiong the epa,
i got the red one , which are you getting, one of my fellow oz hoggers is getting the maple and gold, due feb,
apparently only 19 in total allocated to australia , only 7 reds , so i was very lucky to get the color i wanted , got the first to arrive in the country,
at the oz hog xmas party yesterday was the centre of attention m ahead of the street glide , until one of our members drove in in his new ferrari california,
but mate you are gonna love it , it is just getting better everyday as the engine loosens up, regards
dcigar

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »

gentlemen...

Just spreading the word so you guys will do your homework before forking out cash.

The SEPro is said not to work with the 2011 Softails due to the HDLAN system. Here in the States, HD has stopped selling the SEPro for the SEStreet version that will only flash Street Legal Calibrations to a bike and you must pay the dealership to flash your bike with the SEStreet. I've also heard the SEStreet will not work on the 2011 Softails.

Do your homework before modifying your ConV, make sure you can upgrade to at last the Stage II flash at the minumum. Even the TTS will not be ready for the HDLAN 2011 Softails until sometime in March of 2011.

If you guys find this information to be false...  please chime in. From what I also heard is, there is only one calibration available and it is directly from HD and is VIN specific. It is a Stage I flash that must be provided to the dealer directly through HD.

-wiz

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »

I was all set for the 49 state HD's, but after hearing the V+H's, I am all screwed up. I need help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:31:56 PM by pm203 »

HDernie

• My CVO 1

• CVO1: CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: Porsche Cayenne 2
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 03:10:20 AM »

Here is what I did :
exchanged to the 49 " state screamin  eagle (without catalyst). Opened the up as well. Plus installing new ear cleaner as in Europe we have only the standard one. No re-map so far . Still area to work on is the engine temperature. I have oil dip stick termometer which shows 120 Deg C. which is to much for air cooled engine. I read above one comment with TTS tuning which says still  like 250 F after TTS (which I think is still to much). Like my wifes FatBob has 90 Degrees C. I will try out Nightrider as next mod.

SY
HDErnie
Have a save ride (and fast on the Autobahn)

HDErnie

GoodyACT

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:06 AM »

Hi Mr Wizard,

Thanks for the Info,  I passed it on to the dealer who is selling me the bike,  If they sell me something that won't work i guess there will be a big issue to deal with.  I'm picking it up on Saturday so i'll report back on how the SE pro tuning goes.

CHEERS

Rob

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 05:48:26 PM »

Our ConV has a TTS tune and the hottest I've seen it was 250*, normal temps are 220-225*.

It really depends on the build, ambient temp and how you ride. Tweaks can be put in place to reduce the operation oil temp.

GoodyACT

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:41 AM »

Hi Mr Wizard,

Got the low down on the SE pro tuner from Sy's Harley Davidson in Sydney when i picked up my 2011 CVO Softail Conv,  Yes at the beginning of CVO builds the SE Pro was unable to tune the motor, but the latest Computer firmware addressed that and they now work very well.  Sy's have done a few CVO's now. These guy's know what there doing, They have a Screaming Eagle Drag racing team.  http://sysharleydavidson.com.au/Default.asp?page=181

Anyway my CVO now screams  :coolblue:

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »

so you are happy with the new baby....
have you ridden it yet, which pipes did you get,
dcigar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.