Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Corbin Saddle  (Read 13075 times)

Ramjet-SS

Re: Corbin Saddle
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »

My Corbin seat and back rest are for sale if anyone is interested. I no longer have the Convertible. Back to a Gold Wing.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »

is it still for sale ?    if so got pics may be intrested
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

emcclary

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO3: 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »

I just received the solo saddle for 2010 Softail convertible and it doesn't fit right at all. If I push the seat back to meet the rear bracket the locking pin doesn't match up. If I fit it onto the locking pin the rear bracket doesn't touch the seat at all. I also don't like the fact they give you a flat rear bracket to fit onto a curved rear fender. I have had four Corbin seats and this is the only one I have ever had that didn't bolt right up the way it is supposed to any ideas? I put two washers under each of the front pin support screws since the rubber bumper wont let the seat lock in without them. Also was the cutout in your rear bracket crooked or cleanly cut? I have pics of all my issues which I sent to Corbin looking for answers.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »

I just received the solo saddle for 2010 Softail convertible and it doesn't fit right at all. If I push the seat back to meet the rear bracket the locking pin doesn't match up. If I fit it onto the locking pin the rear bracket doesn't touch the seat at all. I also don't like the fact they give you a flat rear bracket to fit onto a curved rear fender. I have had four Corbin seats and this is the only one I have ever had that didn't bolt right up the way it is supposed to any ideas? I put two washers under each of the front pin support screws since the rubber bumper wont let the seat lock in without them. Also was the cutout in your rear bracket crooked or cleanly cut? I have pics of all my issues which I sent to Corbin looking for answers.

This is exactly why I went with the Sundowner, at least for now. I think everyone that got one of these so far has had trouble with it. :nixweiss:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Pegus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:02 AM »

Thinking of buying both à solo and dual Corbin. I understand there is a key lock, but does that mean that it's an easy and quick shift between the two seats?
Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do the day after that. Ride on!

emcclary

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »

Does the two up use a key lock as well? None of my two up corbin seats have key locks on them. I would be wary of the solo seat since mine doesnt fit correctly at all and I still havent received an answer as to what I am supposed to do about it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »

I have both the solo and dual Corbin seats.  The dual does not use a key/lock and mine fits perfectly on the CVO using the existing mounting points. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of this saddle.  The solo locks onto a new front mount that must be installed, and requires the additional rear mount bracket.  Thus these two  pieces must be removed to switch to the dual, which is a bit annoying but actually takes little time.  I did not bend the rear bracket to fit the fender curve but rather added a strip of 1/8" nylon belting underneath the bracket.  I still do not fully understand the rear bracket on the solo in as much as the rear of the saddle is not attached in any way.  The saddle can move vertically a small amount and essentially slides into the cutout of the rear bracket.  Maybe Corbin thought this movement increases comfort or absorbs shocks in some way? 

emcclary

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:11 PM »

Im not happy with the fit of my solo at all I actually have a call into Corbin about it thats how bad it is. I agree the rear notch is pointless since it really doesnt hold the seat down like it would it there was a pin that hooked under the bracket before you snapped it down onto the locking pin. My rear bracket notch is very sloppily cut as well and the bracket barely fits into the notch in it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »

emcclary,
Any update from Corbin? 

Pegus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:23 AM »

Thus these two  pieces must be removed to switch to the dual, which is a bit annoying but actually takes little time.   

Thanks for info! Hopefully they will improve on that, and when they do, I'll buy one of each!
Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do the day after that. Ride on!

emcclary

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »

Havent heard a word planning on calling again today. I have used their seats on most of my bikes and this is the first time I have had a problem with a seat fitting a bike. I have had their seats on a BMW RT1100 a Honda Valkyrie two Road Kings and a Dresser all with perfect fits.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

picture of the solo

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »

pciture of the dual

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »

another

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »

another of the solo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.