Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dragonfly fairing and fiberglass bags on a Convertible  (Read 13343 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Dragonfly fairing and fiberglass bags on a Convertible
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

I you go to wideopencustom.com it gives you all the options/specs for the audio etc.
Looks good but no amp option! they seem to be running off stereos with integrated amps!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 05:46:16 AM »

Does it mount on the original quick release mounts?
Is it easy to put on and take off?
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:32 AM »

It is suppose to go on mounts as the brackets look the same as original.  My experience (2010) resulted in removing the grommets and mounting with washers to give a little room to adjust.  was tight on headlight pushing it down and causing it not able to adjust higher and was very tight on the cubby hole which I wanted to use instead of the flat cover.

Not in my install.   

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »

It is suppose to go on mounts as the brackets look the same as original.  My experience (2010) resulted in removing the grommets and mounting with washers to give a little room to adjust.  was tight on headlight pushing it down and causing it not able to adjust higher and was very tight on the cubby hole which I wanted to use instead of the flat cover.

Not in my install.   
By removing the Grommets does that mean the small factory fairing no longer fits?

Ksbowhunters73

• 2010 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

Yes I believe it's easy to take on and off but once you put it on and ride it one time you won't ever take it off! Mine fits on factory grommets. I did put 1 washer on top mounts to widen out grommets like a 1/16th of an inch just to make initial install easier!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »

Yes I believe it's easy to take on and off but once you put it on and ride it one time you won't ever take it off! Mine fits on factory grommets. I did put 1 washer on top mounts to widen out grommets like a 1/16th of an inch just to make initial install easier!
Looks like its going on the list  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.642 seconds with 21 queries.