Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 08 Fuel shell recall.  (Read 23767 times)

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 08 Fuel shell recall.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 09:14:25 PM »

How would I know if it's starting to go? I did have the "misting" in the tank...have 10K, wonder how long I've been riding with it like that.
Dean

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 09:35:40 PM »

Received my "Recall" notice today for the fuel shell.
I will probably wait and take it in to have the recall & upgrade (gaskets and whatever else goes with it) all done at the same time in a few weeks.

4pops

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

Mine is in the dealer for that right now. Told me as soon as the part was available it would be up and running. Hopefully within the week. Also have metal shavings in the clutch basket and the tranny oil smells like ass. Just had the 10k sevice done. I have 11k on it and the gasket seems to be the only thing I am not having trouble with. Till now no probs, love my duracell.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »

got my notice today too. Dealer has me plugged in this weekend weekends schedule. They said they were getting limited supplies over a three month period. Dealer also said this will fix my inaccurate gas gauge too.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »

The US POSTAL SERVICE must have ben very busy yesterday , I got mine too. I haven't called my dealer yet. I am supposed to be working.
kb

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »

Mine is starting to go. Called my dealer and they haven't gotten parts yet. Hopefully I won't have a complete failure. Its starting to sputter a little though, keepin my fingers crossed.

I've sat on the side of thte road with two different friends whose shells let go completely.  One gave no warning.  One sputtered and back fired a little bit for about 100 miles and then whent completly caput in about 2 miles.  Neither bike was driveable although we could nurse one of them about 1/4 mile to an exit ramp.

If you've got any symptoms, whether it be the sputtering, backfiring, or fuel mist/spray in the tank I'd get it fixed ASAP and not chance riding to far from home!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 04:44:17 PM »

Got my notice yesterday but didn't see it until now.  On the way back this afternoon, the bike didn't feel the same (this is before I saw the letter),  it felt a bit sputtery and I even thought it sounded different and was thinking to get home and start a thread to see if anyone ever had the pipes change sound after a few thousand miles (RH - TD).
Or maybe I just need a  :drink:.  Will call dealer tomorrow.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »

GRC, I know I'm a lil too trusting and shouldn't be riding it, but I kinda figured out when its gonna sputter or stall and blip the throttle a little to get the pressure up and haven't had any problems. Dealer also told me don't believe what you hear on the forums in regards to the head gaskets when I told him I thought mine was leaking. So just tryin to cover my az for a tow I guess if it does $hit the bed. And I know everyone will say don't ride it til its fixed, but I'm a Pole on vacation and I've ridden much more unreliable unstreet worthy scooters before, so hopefully this won't stop me. I will get it fixed as soon as they can, but until then I'm gonna ride. It may not be smart, but neither am I.

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »

So...where is the fuel filter shell and what do they have to do to get to it...anything I should look for when I get my bike back, besides the next recall or "enhancement" :o? Dean

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »

So...where is the fuel filter shell and what do they have to do to get to it...anything I should look for when I get my bike back, besides the next recall or "enhancement" :o? Dean

Remove console, remove fuel neck thingy inside tank, then fuel pump assembly. Supposed to be 1/2 hour job. Guessin its not a big deal to change out :nixweiss:

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »

Pete,
  Had mine replaced Friday...not sure if its me or not..but bike seems to idle differently after the fix.  When you mentioned one of the "checks" when you turn your ignition on and then off a few times to see if fuel pump activates (and that it shouldn't after the first time)...are we talking the "run" switch also or just the ignition switch on the tank. Just wanna make sure mine was installed correctly. Thanks. Dean

Gunnerp245

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »

my fuel shell was replaced Saturday as planned. service tech pointed out the cracks happening along each locking tab. Mine was on the way to failure, and only 6000 miles. The only thing i can see is poor quality material, which seems to be plastic.. I asked the service guy if they got those parts in Taiwan.. heeee heeee.. i got no response..  :nixweiss:

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »

Remove console, remove fuel neck thing inside tank, then fuel pump assembly. Supposed to be 1/2 hour job. Guessin its not a big deal to change out :nixweiss:

I had my CUSE3 in on Saturday for 5K service and the fuel shell recall. My manufacture date was near the end of the recall in Dec 07. The tech at the shop confirmed the procedures above and said that they were checking serial numbers in a certain sequence to see which ones need replacing. Mine did not need to be changed. The small shop where I go, had gotten 8 units in last week and had replaced 4 as of Saturday.

They did fix my sticking throttle. I had gotten used to it stay where ever I put it, almost like cruise control. They had no info on the product improvement for the heads.

Muley

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 10:22:02 AM »

Pete,
  Had mine replaced Friday...not sure if its me or not..but bike seems to idle differently after the fix.  When you mentioned one of the "checks" when you turn your ignition on and then off a few times to see if fuel pump activates (and that it shouldn't after the first time)...are we talking the "run" switch also or just the ignition switch on the tank. Just wanna make sure mine was installed correctly. Thanks. Dean

I changed mine last Friday and I did notice that for couple of days.  It's gating better now (a bit rough idle still).
Lack of money is the source of all evils.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.