Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 08 Fuel shell recall.  (Read 23766 times)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Re: 08 Fuel shell recall.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »

Pete,
  Had mine replaced Friday...not sure if its me or not..but bike seems to idle differently after the fix.  When you mentioned one of the "checks" when you turn your ignition on and then off a few times to see if fuel pump activates (and that it shouldn't after the first time)...are we talking the "run" switch also or just the ignition switch on the tank. Just wanna make sure mine was installed correctly. Thanks. Dean

I used the run switch on the handlebar and without starting bike I turned switch on, off for about a second, then back on, repeat. Every time it pressurized the fuel system.

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »

Every time I turn my run switch on it pressurizes as well...I had thought that IF all was OK it would only pressurize once, because the line was full...and if it was cracked or not replaced correctly that it would pressurize every time...I am confused. Dean

Gunnerp245

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »

This site, http://www.hdtalking.com/diagnostics_alarms_security_and_fuel_injection_related/5459-08_bike_fuel_pump_filter_problems.html , has pictures.
Gunner...
1.See Figure 1. Remove dash housing/center console. See FUEL TANK TOP PLATE in the Touring Models Service
Manual.
2.Inspect decal with part number and date code on fuel tank top plate.
●If part number (1) is 75069-08A or 75076-08A, then install dash housing/center console. No replacement is required.
●If part number (1) is 75069-08 or 75076-08 with a date code (2) of 267 7 (267th day of 2007) or later, then install dash housing/center console. No replacement is required.
●If the part number is 75069-08 or 75076-08 and has a date code earlier than 267 7, continue disassembly
to replace the fuel filter shell using the new filter shell and o-ring provided in the kit.

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 03:48:39 PM »

Had mine replaced today at the dealership while I waited around for a couple of hours, all is well with the world again.

Got to ride around on a Segway in the parking lot while I was waiting, lots of fun.  Took all of 1 minute to learn how to drive it.
If I had an extra $6,000 lying around I might of bought one.
They had street models and off road models and even some with big turf tires and gold bags mounted to them for the golfers.
They can go about 25 miles before they need a charge and hit a blazing top speed of 13 mph. ;D

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »

Had mine replaced today at the dealership while I waited around for a couple of hours, all is well with the world again.

Got to ride around on a Segway in the parking lot while I was waiting, lots of fun.  Took all of 1 minute to learn how to drive it.
If I had an extra $6,000 lying around I might of bought one.
They had street models and off road models and even some with big turf tires and gold bags mounted to them for the golfers.
They can go about 25 miles before they need a charge and hit a blazing top speed of 13 mph. ;D

DD

Those things are a kick. One of our vendors spoted a gourp of us from work on the Las Vegas Raceway for 6 free laps on the course. They had the Segways there for our group to play with. A little akward at first but yea,, they are cool...

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »

Just had mine replaced. For all those who are going to, have your tech check for ecm upgrades. Mine was an 07/07 build and there have since been two upgrades that he installed on my ecm. I now can turn on and off the EITMS system that was only available to be turned on by a DT prior. Plus throttle response seem to better now.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »

Just had mine replaced. For all those who are going to, have your tech check for ecm upgrades. Mine was an 07/07 build and there have since been two upgrades that he installed on my ecm. I now can turn on and off the EITMS system that was only available to be turned on by a DT prior. Plus throttle response seem to better now.

There is some confusion about the EITMS upgrade. Some are saying after the upgrade you can not turn on/off the EITMS via throttle roll back. Did you find that you can or cant do thiis?

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

Yes you can. I tried when I read about it beforehand and it would not activate anything when rolling throttle forward. After he installed updates, I tried at home and had the cruise light come on 2x, then let it idle til it got hot enough to come on(off). Did the same to shut the thing off and let it run for a little longer and rear never turned off.

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »

Had mine replaced today at Cox's in Asheboro, NC.  I was going home from the mountains and stopped in the store.  Was talking to the SM and he said that he could do it now.  It took 45 mins and I was on the road again.  I have not noticed any difference.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »

Had mine replaced during my cyl head campain and what a difference. Much better head pressure at lower speeds and motor is much more responsive.BTW my shell was cracked and was allowing head pressure to bleed off. I had 16,500 miles.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »

The letter from HD for the fuel shell recall was in my mail box totay.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.