Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto locks and TPMS  (Read 2748 times)

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Auto locks and TPMS
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:46:06 PM »

'16 CVO SG. While the bike was complete, I bought it wrecked somewhat so here's the keys good luck type thing. No manual etc. I've had two rushmore street glides prior.

Do these models have the auto locks for the steering? I've yet to see how this works. Honestly, I haven't tried but nothing seemed obvious to me. Seems the same old, turn bars and use key to lock.

Also, my tpms is in the ODO section of speedo gauge. I do not see it in the main screen on the 6.5. I did replace the radio with a non-cvo part#. maybe that has something to do with it or?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Auto locks and TPMS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:00:54 PM »

!6 does not have auto fork locks, to get to TPMS on the 17 (assume 16 same) on the screen you hit "info" on right handlebar control and then "more"
Alan

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:48 AM »

I thought 16's were only in the speedo?

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »

ok, so I'm not crazy. I didn't see the tpms in the info section of the 6.5. I had the oil eitms and air temp.

Funny how the ads for the 2016 cvo street glide mention locks and show the tpms screen on...weird.

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

TPMS Screen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 09:53:23 AM »

why does the manual and ever advertisement about the 2016 cvo street glide show and specifically mention the TPMS screen, yet it doesn't exist and is on the ODO?

am I missing something here?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: TPMS Screen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »

I think you're asking the wrong people.  Try addressing that question to the people at H-D.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

msquad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Re: TPMS Screen
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 11:51:33 AM »

My '16 CVO RGU has a tpms screen. 

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:12:03 PM »

That's another point, the radio units are the same, the software is the same. why..or better yet how is the street glide not included in that?

It's not a big deal but just curious.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »

' I do not see it in the main screen on the 6.5. I did replace the radio with a non-cvo part#. maybe that has something to do with it or?

The 2016 CVO Street Glide does have TPMS that displays both in the Odometer and in the infotainment display.   In the Vehicle Status Screen you select "More" to View TPMS data.   If your is not showing in infotainment, but is showing in the Odometer, then I would guess you will need to have your head unit flashed by the dealer for the CVO SG since you mention that you have replaced it with a Non CVO Part.

Just because the head unit shows the correct software version it does not mean that all of the functions have been flashed and enabled.  For example, when you install lower fairing speakers, the unit does not recognize the additional amp nor does the fader display the fairing speakers until the unit is flashed, even though the software display shows it is up to date.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »

The 2016 CVO Street Glide does have TPMS that displays both in the Odometer and in the infotainment display.   In the Vehicle Status Screen you select "More" to View TPMS data.   If your is not showing in infotainment, but is showing in the Odometer, then I would guess you will need to have your head unit flashed by the dealer for the CVO SG since you mention that you have replaced it with a Non CVO Part.

Just because the head unit shows the correct software version it does not mean that all of the functions have been flashed and enabled.  For example, when you install lower fairing speakers, the unit does not recognize the additional amp nor does the fader display the fairing speakers until the unit is flashed, even though the software display shows it is up to date.

'16 CVO SG. While the bike was complete, I bought it wrecked somewhat so here's the keys good luck type thing. No manual etc. I've had two rushmore street glides prior.

Do these models have the auto locks for the steering? I've yet to see how this works. Honestly, I haven't tried but nothing seemed obvious to me. Seems the same old, turn bars and use key to lock.

Also, my tpms is in the ODO section of speedo gauge. I do not see it in the main screen on the 6.5. I did replace the radio with a non-cvo part#. maybe that has something to do with it or?

I do believe you hit the nail on the head.  I missed that part about using a non-CVO part number on first reading, but now it all makes sense.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

crobson

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2o17 cvo streetglide
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »

I have a 17 and did notice the other day you can turn the fork lock switch and hit the fob lock button to lock the switch instead of the key found out on accident locking the saddlebag. Not sure if the 16s do this as well.

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »

Mine has been to the dealer and has the current CVO 1.20.1 software. I do not have the "more" option on the vehicle status. Doe syour '16 street glide show the tpms screen on the 6.5?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »

Doe syour '16 street glide show the tpms screen on the 6.5?

Yes - 

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »

I have a 17 and did notice the other day you can turn the fork lock switch and hit the fob lock button to lock the switch instead of the key found out on accident locking the saddlebag. Not sure if the 16s do this as well.

The '16's do not have electric locking saddle bags or forks.  The OP was already informed of this
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

shore

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

Yes -

well pooh but this is actually the info I was after so thank you. Some people have said the street glide only showed on the ODO.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.